logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Digitalson  
#41 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2016 11:06:38 PM(UTC)
Digitalson

Groups:

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
main page
Digitalson attached the following image(s):
vmix app page 1.png (353kb) downloaded 66 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
thanks 1 user thanked Digitalson for this useful post.
mburel1980 on 7/13/2016(UTC)
Bandit62  
#42 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 12:13:01 PM(UTC)

Groups:

How soon can we get a beta version for testing....would love to take this through some paces.....looks interesting
AElli  
#43 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 3:42:05 PM(UTC)
AElli

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
If you're looking for the s/ware vers of the panel? The guys at njastad do a similar vers, and it's available now..

http://shop.njastad.com/...roduct&product_id=63

A.
Bandit62  
#44 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 4:33:14 PM(UTC)

Groups:

I know....was going to buy it, but it only works best on the same PC as vMix.....thecloudmediagroup has similar, and it works on ipads, so it is wireless, making it better for me......but they are staying too long to release the PC version ...I just may end up purchasing that one...
AElli  
#45 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2016 6:49:46 PM(UTC)
AElli

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I think the issue is with the transition slider. Its a little "jerky" over a networked connection, but all the source and transition buttons work instantly.

A.
Bandit62  
#46 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 2:22:18 PM(UTC)

Groups:

admin wrote:
Hi Bardos,

Could you mention in a bit more detail how you think the UI could be more like this surface?
Everything in this control surface maps directly to what is available in vMix on screen, for example:

Turn on overlay
vMix: Click 1,2,3,4 directly under input in vMix
Surface: DSK1,2,3,4 then select the input number on the surface

Select input into Preview
vMix: Click input
Surface: Press numbered button on Preview row

Select input into Program
vMix: Click cut button under input (or change mouse click action to Cut
Surface: Press numbered button on Program row

T-Bar:
vMix: drag tbar with mouse
Surface: move tbar

Shortcuts
vMix: assign to keyboard button
Surface: assign to F1,F2 or F3 buttons

The major advantage of a control surface is it faster to use than a mouse and provides tactile feedback.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

I would like to answer this question....I watched a video some time ago with a software switcher that looks just like this hardware switcher...it was never talked about, neither seem to be further developed.I also noticed that the eight User Keys were not used in the Demo video, as they seemed not to be functional at the time....Completing that version of the switcher would be great for us PC users....However, a version for ipads was launched, and I saw it working....the same setup can be rearranged to look more horizontal, as in the video, and as the hardware version......The ipad version seem to work well when I saw it demonstrated.....however, a PC version would be very much appreciated....and being resizable would be a plus as well, so it can be placed in an area like where the audio mixer is located, and also dockable, so it becomes part of the interface......
Digitalson  
#47 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 4:16:31 PM(UTC)
Digitalson

Groups:

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
mine will be done as soon as we have midi feedback....i am doing some real cool stuff ,,,like vari speed tbar and separate replay tab ,that can be run on 2nd ipad......good stuff
Bandit62  
#48 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 7:51:09 PM(UTC)

Groups:

That is good to hear, Digitalson,...thought you had given up on posting here after so many negative feedbacks.....would like to test run t a demo version to see how it works.....
Bandit62  
#49 Posted : Thursday, September 29, 2016 9:30:34 AM(UTC)

Groups:

thecloudmediagroup made a great software switcher that looks exactly like the hardware version, and posted a demo video
However, as seen in the video, the User Keys are not working.....In an iPad version, all keys work, but the layout is designed for a more square layout...should this UI be layed out similar to the version in the video, or the User Keys be activated, it would be such a great piece of software, The one made by njastad looks great as well, but I never got a chance to test it.....plus I think it has too many input buttons...12 or 14 would be great....I think that works with windows PCs....I notice that it also docks in the vMix UI