logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bipin  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 11:17:05 AM(UTC)
Bipin

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi Martin,
There are many expensive playout automation and CG solution for broadcast, i found VMIX is is great alternate if you could put Schedule option for the video inputs this would be massive revolution to the VMIX...I am using Uniplay CG and Playout ( www.uniplay.tv ) for the broadcast which is bit expensive and complicated...so only missing thing in VMIX for me is i cant schedule the inputs in particular time, i have to do manual transition.

Regards
Bipin
Nepal
Damn2Good4U  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2013 5:13:33 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Bipin wrote:
Hi Martin,
There are many expensive playout automation and CG solution for broadcast, i found VMIX is is great alternate if you could put Schedule option for the video inputs this would be massive revolution to the VMIX...I am using Uniplay CG and Playout ( www.uniplay.tv ) for the broadcast which is bit expensive and complicated...so only missing thing in VMIX for me is i cant schedule the inputs in particular time, i have to do manual transition.

Regards
Bipin
Nepal

I am 100% in support of the above, if vMix developer (Martins) can integrate time scheduler with the software, which I am sure he can do with the excellent work he had put into the current, it will make it one of the best if not the best in the world, and broadcasters can have a 24/7 automated broadcasting experience with same software.

I hope this can be looked into in the next release version.

Best regards,
Rottimmy

thanks 1 user thanked Damn2Good4U for this useful post.
Adriankey4 on 2/27/2013(UTC)
Bipin  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 2:24:26 AM(UTC)
Bipin

Man

Thanks Rottimmy for supporting the Scheduling Feature..

Regards
Bipin
Damn2Good4U  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 3:31:35 AM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

My pleasure brother,

We are here to make vMix the best... and I hope Martins listen just like the way vidblaster community is growing it via their suggestions and requests.

Regards,
Rottimmy
mh166  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2013 12:46:14 PM(UTC)
mh166

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
To be honest, I think this is something that doesn't necessarily has to be implemented by Martin himself. Thanks to the API anyone can remote control vMix from any other application.

Having said that, i'm thinking about writing a remote scheduler for vMix for quite some time now. The thing is: I simply don't have the time for it. :(

However: if anyone out there is having some programming skills, this shouldn't be much of a deal. :)
Damn2Good4U  
#6 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2013 12:50:46 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

mh166 wrote:
To be honest, I think this is something that doesn't necessarily has to be implemented by Martin himself. Thanks to the API anyone can remote control vMix from any other application.

Having said that, i'm thinking about writing a remote scheduler for vMix for quite some time now. The thing is: I simply don't have the time for it. :(

However: if anyone out there is having some programming skills, this shouldn't be much of a deal. :)

Hi,

Martin or any good programmer can write it as a plugin or add-on to vMix.

I only felt it will boost the functionality and sales of vMix as well as putting it up there to rival others in the industry..

Lets all bring it on, and make a BIG success out of vMix

Rottimmy
mh166  
#7 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2013 1:44:12 PM(UTC)
mh166

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
So as previously mentioned, I was thinking about writing such a scheduler on my own...

What I now would really be interested in: what actual features would you expect of this scheduling app in particular? If anyone wants to give some ideas, please try to be as precicse as possible.

For example what I'm already thinking of:
  • Of course support all the basic actions (add input, cut, fade, play/pause)
  • Create a schedule with consecutive list of actions
  • Let the actions be executed based on events
    > Active input video finishes
    > Certain time period reached - think: 45min in a soccer match
    > Advance manually by user interaction - think: breakpoints, waiting for the producer's "go" to execute a set of routines
  • One should be able to group common tasks together (set input 3 [maybe a stinger?] as preview, crossfade for 1s, set input 4 [the next active feed] as preview, wait for the stinger to complete, crossfade again)
  • These grouped tasks should be available somewhere as "building blocks" for easier scheduling (e.g. you only see the "block" instead of all the individual actions)
  • In the schedule, there should be an option wether to hardcode a filename, for example, or let it be chosen as you execute this schedule. That way one can create a template for a schedule: fixed options (stinger locations, intro sequences, ...) can be hardcoded as they are always the same. Other than that video files that change from show to show can be chosen at "runtime" rather than "designtime".

Any comments on that? Does this sound reasonably to you? Do you have any idea what to add? Maybe we can bring together all of our ideas in this central place and if somebody has some spare time ... he knows what to do. ;)

Regards,
mh166
Damn2Good4U  
#8 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2013 3:02:10 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

Hello Mh166

I guess we are missing a point here.. the Scheduling Bipin suggested which i supported was more of an AUTOMATED PLAYOUT system like that of Uniplay, Magicsoft, etc...

regards,
Rottimmy

Egriswold  
#9 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2013 4:38:52 PM(UTC)
Egriswold

Man
United States

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Damn2Good4U, May I suggest looking at our turnkey system
http://www.streambreeze.net/247.htm
As great as VMix is I think our system would be a better fit.
The only other way I can see VMix doing what you want would require tapping in to its API
and creating a script triggered by time to make these API calls.
Little beyond me.
EdG.
thanks 1 user thanked Egriswold for this useful post.
Damn2Good4U on 3/1/2013(UTC)
Damn2Good4U  
#10 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2013 10:28:44 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

Egriswold wrote:
Damn2Good4U, May I suggest looking at our turnkey system
http://www.streambreeze.net/247.htm
As great as VMix is I think our system would be a better fit.
The only other way I can see VMix doing what you want would require tapping in to its API
and creating a script triggered by time to make these API calls.
Little beyond me.
EdG.

Hi,

Good looking playout, how does it integrate with vMix?

Does it run with on a separate system from vMix?

and how much is it going for as a standalone...?

Regards,
Rottimmy
Egriswold  
#11 Posted : Friday, March 1, 2013 11:39:17 PM(UTC)
Egriswold

Man
United States

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Rottimmy,
The SB 247 can except the stream from anyone of our live streamers or visa versa and add this to the play list or it can also be manually or remotly triggered.
Bipin  
#12 Posted : Saturday, March 2, 2013 4:19:12 AM(UTC)
Bipin

Man

Hi
I think we are making things complicated,I am not a programmer but i know putting time scheduler in playlist is not big deal for Martin.
Currently we have a option in playlist i.e; Starting position , Duration Transition ans Display time,I suggest to put one column of Time and date.

Likely
Programms(video Inputs) Start Time End Time
1.Talk Show Part 1 10:00:00 AM 10:15:32 AM
2.Advertisements 10:15:32 AM 10:17:25 AM
3.Talk Show Part 2 10:17:25 AM 10:32:50 AM
4.Station ID 10:32:50 AM 10:33:10 AM

Regards
Bipin
thanks 1 user thanked Bipin for this useful post.
Damn2Good4U on 3/2/2013(UTC)
Damn2Good4U  
#13 Posted : Saturday, March 2, 2013 4:40:14 AM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

Hi
I think we are making things complicated,I am not a programmer but i know putting time scheduler in playlist is not big deal for Martin.
Currently we have a option in playlist i.e; Starting position , Duration Transition ans Display time,I suggest to put one column of Time and date.
Bipin wrote:

Likely
Programms(video Inputs) Start Time End Time

Regards
Bipin

I love Bipin's simple solution and a simple way of achieving this...

Since Martin has similar module already, i guess all he needed is to improve on it...
e.g.

Programmes(video Inputs) Start Time End Time
5.{Live} 11:33:10 AM 12:00:00 PM (where the playlist will be looking for live feed from the Input devices and purse the other videos)
6. Movies 12:00:00 PM 13:00:00 PM etc..

But there must be a container to hold all the videos to be played...

regards,
Rottimmy
thanks 1 user thanked Damn2Good4U for this useful post.
Bipin on 3/2/2013(UTC)
Damn2Good4U  
#14 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2013 12:49:56 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

Hello Martin,

I know you are busy trying to release v9 but have you got anything to say to the above?

regards,
Rottimmy
Damn2Good4U  
#15 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2013 11:23:52 AM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

Hello,

Is Martin giving this a consideration at all?

It will be so nice if this can be implemented hopefully in the next version...

This will put vMix above the rest in both TV and IPTV business.

Regards,
Rottimmy
admin  
#16 Posted : Saturday, May 4, 2013 1:59:54 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4174 time(s) in 1498 post(s)
Hi All,

I have mentioned my opinion in the past regarding a scheduling (playout) feature, but I thought I would mention it again here
for those interested.

Short Answer: Not possible, too big a project, too little time available!

Long Answer:

First of all, it is relatively easy to add an option in the playlist feature to specify the time of day instead of a duration.
The problem is, most of the users that have requested this would not be satisfied with adding that option alone.
They require a comprehensive scheduling and playout system with all the features that go along with it.

Just have a look at some of the existing scheduling systems on the market, the level of complexity these
programs have to manage on a daily basis can be mind boggling (and with a price tag to match!).

There simply isn't the time available to dedicated to such a large project.
That said, the API does allow someone to build some scheduling software that controls vMix in this way.
I would also be willing to add a couple of extra basic API options to help anyone who wanted to begin a project like this.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

melody  
#17 Posted : Saturday, May 4, 2013 10:43:03 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

hi martin,

i understand all you said above, but think about it... implementing some time of the day, day of the week, week of the month or month of the year, taking an update on your example, having all this options available on the playlist is better than simply doesn`t implementing any related feature. remember, write an app is not so easy for a lot of users. if i knew to code, surely, i would write some third party plugins and add-ons for me and for others.

if any user is able to write some scheduler plugin or add-on for vmix, as you all can see, it would be much appreciatted for a lot of users. who`s gona take the challange?? :)

however, at once you have made some freaking job with vmix. thank you to improve our broadcasting world. your contribute have a lot of relevance for us all.

regards,

melody
www.espiritosanto.cc
Damn2Good4U  
#18 Posted : Saturday, May 4, 2013 7:45:13 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

I guess i have to concur with what Melody just said, adding a scheduler to vMix will sky rocket the software.

We strongly and totally appreciate what you have done so far, but we all are seeking improvement for your software...

Based on your analysis, it does not have to be a very BIG PRO version, the type for big cable or satellite organisation.... but something that will make a 24/7 broadcast a fun for all your followers/user and that will bring more people/sales to you.

Martin, please think about this, if i am a programmer, i will gladly take it upon myself to help your product, but unfortunately i am not.

Upon all i am looking for, time/date scheduler, popularly called Playout is the only thing lacking for us.

I pray you have a rethink and have a second thought on the issue...

Do it for us, and you will will see the number of awards vMix will rake in within a year of its implementation.

admin wrote:

Long Answer:

First of all, it is relatively easy to add an option in the playlist feature to specify the time of day instead of a duration.
The problem is, most of the users that have requested this would not be satisfied with adding that option alone.
They require a comprehensive scheduling and playout system with all the features that go along with it.

I will suggest you do the above as you rightly stated... the above alone will make a huge difference and i really do not think i will need more than that since vMix can do overlays, scrolling texts etc.. i think it will be unfair to be asking for more than simple.

Whoever wants the PRO or a version that does more than simple playout by time and date should then can go and buy from any third party to cater for the extra... etc.

regards,
Rottimmy
macjaeger  
#19 Posted : Sunday, May 5, 2013 10:42:17 AM(UTC)
macjaeger

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 25 post(s)
I can't understand the wish to build all that into vMix. I'd rather have Martin add some usefull API-calls like "load video 'myvideo' as input #3" and "seek input #3 to timecode 01:23" or "add video 'myvideo' to playlist", then it would be very easy to create an external tool that controls vMix, following a user-designed schedule. Said tool could be run on a different pc, controlling vMix via web-calls, making the whole setup even more flexible. Low budget private broadcasters could then build a simple scheduling application on their own even in visual basic, while third party programmers could offer more sophisticated solutions commercially, even custom coding it for your very special needs.

I'd like to keep vMix as open and modular as possible!
thanks 1 user thanked macjaeger for this useful post.
doggy on 5/5/2013(UTC)
melody  
#20 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2013 7:14:47 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

hi macjaeger,

are you able to build a simple dedicated schedule app for vmix? if that is so easy to you it would be great to see some related app.

regards,

melody
www.espiritosanto.cc