logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
WaltG12  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2024 5:37:29 AM(UTC)
WaltG12

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Having a full list of individuals who join the Zoom meeting available as a Data Source will allow for easy visual monitoring as people show up, as well as for easy scripting to not only build quick lower thirds on the fly, but also to use the “ZoomSelectParticipantByName" to easily add them to an input.

For example, if you have multiple guests, but only 1 or 2 on a time, then you might opt to only have 1 or 2 Zoom inputs open for bandwidth/resource purposes.

With this, you’d be able to pick the name of the next guest, or the next guests, to have the titles, etc. ready to go while your current guest is still using the input, then, as soon they’re done, hit the button to put the next one through.

And you won’t have to manually enter names or require them to send a message through chat to avoid on-the-fly mismatch errors.

And, as a Data Source option, it’ll only impact those who wish to use it, rather than trying to load everything into the API XML universally or leaving those who could use it with the newer shortcut with having to use workarounds like needing mismatch guests to send a message through chat to bring their video into the system (as I’m currently doing with the scripts I posted in the Scripting for Dummies thread).
clafarge  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2024 8:19:56 AM(UTC)
clafarge

Man
United States

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 13 post(s)
+1
clafarge  
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 5, 2024 2:00:54 AM(UTC)
clafarge

Man
United States

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I've also recently found that you can't copy from the Zoom Manager interface the names of Zoom Participants. In order to populate the name for the script function to set the panelist for your Zoom Input, you have to get it from somewhere else, and not introduce human error in typing it.

Any method to get the correct text for each participant would be very useful.

Chad
NORD  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2024 8:15:30 AM(UTC)
NORD

United States

+1

This would make the Zoom integrations so much better. It's definitely something I needed for a production a while back, especially with input setup, and I hope it makes it as a feature. I can handle not having names as I can do lower-thirds using Google Sheets, but assigning inputs to spots is a challenge.