logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mitchstein443  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2024 8:11:31 AM(UTC)
mitchstein443

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
SO I have two Atem mini pro's each with 4 inputs.
a Acer predator laptop running vmix pro
6 HDMI cams

I'm looking for the best way to connect the two ATEM's to the laptop. Luckily I tried it on a desktop first connect both ATEMs USB resulted in burning out the 4 port usb hub (usb 3.0).

So I am afraid to try this on the production laptop and figured somebody has had to do this already and would have a better way of doing it. I do not see ATEM supporting NDI which owuld probably be ideal.
The idea I had come up with was connecting one atem to the laptop, then connecting the other atem to another laptop running vmix and then add the second lapop as an input to the over NDI to the first laptop.. Then maybe use a stream deck to control the inputs in the first vmix which would mix the audio, overlay a logo in the lower right hand corner and record to an mp4. if you can follow my lack of logic :)

I'm sure there is an easier way.

I do not see anywhere on ATEM's website where it might support NDI which would make this whole thing much easier.

The other option I was thinking is to daisy chain the ATEMs. hook the hdmi output of the second ATEM to an hdmi input on the first atem which would be connected to the vmix laptop1. basically eliminating the second laptop... But then I would lose the preview through hdmi monitor of the three cms coming into the second atem..

I'd apprecite any ideas anyone has...
nikosman88  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2024 10:34:29 AM(UTC)
nikosman88

Groups: Registered
Greece

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 50 post(s)
Hello. The best idea that not need any patent is to sell both and then take an atem extreme! NDI and BMD directly not possible at least in the atem mini series and i dont think in the whole bmd line production! A way to do this as you have atem mini pro that supports also streaming is possibly to make in your pc a local rtmp server so in your 2nd atem you will stream at rtmp://localip:port and then be able to play this rtmp stream into your vmix. Maybe this video helps you

Also there is a software called rtmpminiserver that does exactly this. You can stream inside your lan in very low latency and then via ndi take into vmix the stream. But unfortunatelly is not free