logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mauro Manso  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2024 12:32:56 AM(UTC)
Mauro Manso

Groups: Registered
Brazil

Multitrack Audio Recording in Multicorder

Hi everyone,

I've been diving deep into vMix's capabilities, especially focusing on its audio recording and mixing features. While vMix already offers a robust set of tools for audio management, including a built-in audio mixer, support for external audio interfaces, and multiple audio outputs configurations like multiple buses embedded in .avi in record section, I believe there's room for an essential addition that could benefit a wide range of users.

Feature Proposal:
I'd like to suggest the implementation of a feature within the Multicorder function to allow for multitrack audio recording. This would enable users to select multiple audio channels for recording in separate .wav files, similar to how video recording currently functions in vMix.

Why This Matters:

Post-Production Flexibility: Having the ability to record audio tracks separately would dramatically enhance post-production editing capabilities, allowing for adjustments, effects application, or issue corrections on individual channels.
Quality Enhancement: This feature would provide sound engineers the ability to fine-tune audio in post-production, ensuring a higher quality output.
Efficiency Gains: Recording tracks separately can save significant time in post-production, eliminating the need to extract individual tracks from a mixed down file.
The addition of multitrack audio recording could make vMix even more appealing to professionals looking for advanced audio recording capabilities. It addresses a critical gap for users who seek DAW-like functionality within a live production environment.

I'm keen to hear your thoughts on this and look forward to any potential developments. Thanks for considering this feature request and for continuously striving to enhance the vMix experience.
RuneK  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2024 11:43:24 PM(UTC)
RuneK

Groups: Registered
Norway

+1