logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BlackInBlue  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 19, 2024 1:41:51 PM(UTC)
BlackInBlue

Groups: Registered
United States

I've experienced a few issues with Zoom in vMix 27 and want to know if anyone else has as well.

1. If I have Zoom setup to automatically record a meeting, when a guest tries to connect they do not see my vMix feed. They only see my logo on Zoom like I have my camera off. If I remove the auto record feature in my Zoom settings, it works as it should. This is not usually a problem, as Zoom recordings are typically inferior quality than vMix internal recordings. But if I were to do a project with 8+ Zoom callers, vMix would not be able to iso-record them.

2. The audio in today's livestream with 4 Zoom guests was horrible. It crackled all through the broadcast, while mine did not. At first I thought it was just what I was monitoring in my headphones, but a viewer commented about the audio issues. I think I will continue to use vMix Call on my streams with more than one caller. The only reason I want Zoom to work is its ease and familiarity of use. I had 3-4 people this past month have trouble logging into to vMix call on their computers and ended up having to use their cellphones for some reason.

Please let me know if anyone else has experienced anything like this and if not, what I could be doing wrong. Thank you in advance.

Dale