logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lbrentevans  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 17, 2022 6:20:18 AM(UTC)
lbrentevans

Groups: Registered
United States

I ran into something I couldn't quite figure out how to do easily. Vmix was deployed in a multiple role as an stream mix/isolation recorder, content management/playback system, and titling. I had to feed several seperate video feeds from vMix back to the house IMAG switch. I used both fullscreen outputs, which i could dedicate, but really needed two more isolated outputs through the decklink card. I could get the switched output to come from External 1, and I could switch it to an isolated feed, but Fullscreen 1 then locked to Output 1 (I understand this is an expected behavior). Never could get external 2 to work at all, either by selecting an output, or really anything for that matter.

What I would like to be able to do is very quickly and simply set a hardware output to be an isolated out for an input. This would allow for multiple things, such as sending titles, video playback, to an external device, as well as NDI sources, etc. In my mind, this should be an tab on the input settings window as "Isolated Hardware Output."

I'm open to other ways to accomplish this. Any suggestions?
jpetrie  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2022 5:10:02 AM(UTC)
jpetrie

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You need to add a hidden input type via the And Input up arrow button at the bottom left of the vMix interface. (Don't hit "Add Input" as it's not in that pop up dialog box.) Choose "Mix". You can do this up to 3 times total to get Mix2, Mix3 and Mix4 which will give you a Preview and Output for each. I hope this helps!