logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
andreypetr  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 23, 2022 12:55:56 AM(UTC)
andreypetr

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Hello.
It's quite cumbersome to map complex vMIX titles to datasources now. You may spend half an hour if you have more than 20 fields with many rows. It would be great if you can edit configuration file to manually map fields or if there is a matrix chart to map/quick edit many fields at once.
MartLeib  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 23, 2022 1:43:58 AM(UTC)
MartLeib

Estonia

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 42 post(s)
That is what Auto setting is for and apply to all fields. If your data source has same column names as title field names in title, everything is automtic already.
doggy  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 23, 2022 1:47:01 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Are you aware of the fact that you can match all title fields with your datasource in one go if the have the same (title/ column)name ?

checkbox "Apply to all fields in this Title "

and also

Quote:
Column: Select the column to use for this particular Title Field, if you leave this set to Auto, the data source will map based on the following:
a) Will first look for the first column with the same name as the Title field, for example "Headline"

b) If no column is found, use the column index that matches the Title field index. For example Headline would be Column1, Description Column2 and so on.
Kibim  
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2024 11:36:29 PM(UTC)
Kibim

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Sorry to drag this up from the depths ...

I have a massive template, multiple pages with +-20 fields per line, and 30 lines as an inputsource from XML.
Mapping these with a mouse to each textbox/imagesource is going to give me carpal tunnel.
Auto only works for columns, and not for rows, unless i'm doing something wrong with my naming convention and there is a way?
doggy  
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2024 2:36:33 AM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 920 time(s) in 759 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Kibim Go to Quoted Post
Sorry to drag this up from the depths ...

I have a massive template, multiple pages with +-20 fields per line, and 30 lines as an inputsource from XML.
Mapping these with a mouse to each textbox/imagesource is going to give me carpal tunnel.
Auto only works for columns, and not for rows, unless i'm doing something wrong with my naming convention and there is a way?

In combination with previous sugestion one can also convert the rows to columns of the datasource so all items wil lhave a unique name and check the "apply to all fieds...:
Again make sure the (new)columnames match the title text field names

on the other hand if you have that much data to put in a title (?????) i suggest to take another approach with scripting (vMix or external) to loop through the various items to populate titles . find some structure and logic in it all.

If this will be a regular occurence i sugest to invest some time ( and/or money) to create some automation for it .