logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
peterg60  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 29, 2020 7:01:25 AM(UTC)
peterg60

Groups: Registered
United States

I installed a trial version (23.0.0.60 x64) at the church to stream Masses. Connected easily to the PTZ IP stream, spent a few hours learning and setting up virtual inputs, everything was fine.

2 days later, went back for more work, upon opening the file, the rtsp was blank. Reopened the program, all good again for an hour. Didn't change any settings, just cleaning up views and testing streaming out. Everything worked. Closed the program, remembered one thing I wanted to do, reopened. Since then, no matter what I try, I get nothing but a blank screen. Sometimes a stream error Object variable not set to an instance.

I can control the camera. VLC Chrome, OBS all show me the video. Just no image. There were no changes made to vMix settings or the computer or camera when this started.

I've started new vmix files creating all new inputs, reset the camera, rebooted the computer, updated graphics drivers, uninstalled/reinstalled vmix, turned off all firewalls, there's no antivirus, Private network. I installed the program on another laptop, still the same problem. Not using Replay. Tried recording the blank screen, but there's no input stream, so, nothing.

What may have changed without me actively changing it? I was only working in vMix, this is a brand new laptop with only streaming software installed.
peterg60  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 29, 2020 12:01:54 AM(UTC)
peterg60

Groups: Registered
United States

Quick update for anyone running into this: a firmware update on the camera fixed the problem.