logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Léo  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 17, 2023 8:06:47 AM(UTC)
Léo

Groups: Registered
France

Hello,
For several years now, I've been a fan of Vmix and all the options it offers,
On the contrary, while vmix brings more and more good things, Windows disappoints me more and more, making me lean towards Linux OS, generally more optimized and stable.

I'm in the process of configuring a PC designed for vmix, and I started dreaming "and if vmix ran on linux, we'd be free from the problems of Windows, it'd be a real pleasure!

Hence my question: are you thinking of one day releasing a version for a Linux OS (the most suitable in your eyes, or why not, a dedicated version), even if it means paying for a license upgrade?

Given the current state of affairs in the digital world, I think this would be of interest to a large number of users!
mashynewie2  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2024 1:38:36 AM(UTC)
mashynewie2

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 33 post(s)
What problems are you having with Windows? Plenty of people run mission critical productions on vMix with no issues, even events that 100% relies on vMix to link multiple venues together and if vMix goes down, the entire event is over.

I'd rather vMix concentrates on a single operating system and puts all the effort into that 1 operating system than trying to accomodate multiple operating systems with no benefit.
nikosman88  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2024 3:13:01 AM(UTC)
nikosman88

Greece

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 50 post(s)
+1
windows is crap. yes if you have a 2nd hw videomixer and use vmix for it`s great replay,video playing,overlays,vmix calls etc,yes it is very good and stable. But if you rely 100% only in vmix without any other switcher and mixer there will be times that will disappoint. Not everytime if you have a good pc in which you dont exceed it`s hw power (very easy to do it in a sw mixer that gives us in theory 1000 inputs) but 0% possibillity to fail is not a thing in windows pc. And voila... A pc restart will give you again the vmix beauty back! But in the middle of a show not possible to do a restart if you dont have a backup system
thanks 1 user thanked nikosman88 for this useful post.
Léo on 4/29/2024(UTC)
Léo  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2024 7:16:58 AM(UTC)
Léo

France

Originally Posted by: mashynewie2 Go to Quoted Post
What problems are you having with Windows? Plenty of people run mission critical productions on vMix with no issues, even events that 100% relies on vMix to link multiple venues together and if vMix goes down, the entire event is over.

I'd rather vMix concentrates on a single operating system and puts all the effort into that 1 operating system than trying to accomodate multiple operating systems with no benefit.

I also use Vmix for large-scale production and I'm very satisfied with it.

But as far as Windows is concerned, I'm more and more worried about the future of their OS and the way Microsoft will propose it.
Basically, I think I'm going to leave Windows for a more open OS as soon as possible, and Linux is on the right track at the moment, so I'm wondering whether Vmix will follow suit or not.