logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jvallino  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2015 11:22:20 PM(UTC)
jvallino

Groups: Registered

I have a couple of basic questions which I could not find answer in my searching of the knowledge base and the discussion forum.

What are the things that get classified as capture inputs? A USB camera is one. What other types of inputs fall into this group?

What are the other types of things that fall into the input category but are not considered capture inputs.

If I want input from each of two cameras, and to define two different multiview combinations with those cameras, say one picture-in-picture, and one with side-by-side images, is this considered four capture inputs, and four inputs? Or is it two capture inputs and four inputs total?

Thanks.
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 29, 2015 10:09:54 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ jvallino

If I understand you correctly, you are trying to ascertain the limitations of vMix Basic and vMix Basic HD, with a limitation of 2 & 3 capture inputs with 4 total inputs?

http://www.vmixhd.com/purchase.aspx

To answer your question, 'cameras' and any 'external' source would be considered "Capture" inputs, 'videos', 'graphics' and any other sources that are "local" on the computer would be considered "inputs".
The scenario you describe would be considered 2 camera inputs and 4 total inputs (assuming your special effects are accomplished with 'colour' inputs and multi-view feature).
However, the scenario you describe would not be possible with either of the Basic editions of vMix, not because of the limitation of inputs, but because of the limitation of "Overlay" channels, which is what is required for the "Multi-View" feature.

vMix Basic is great for switching between a couple of cameras, overlaying a title and/or playing a video, which are the 'basic' requirements of a "simple" broadcast, anything more elaborate really requires the advanced features of vMix's other editions where the true power of vMix is revealed.

Ice

Bardos  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 29, 2015 10:52:53 AM(UTC)
Bardos

Groups: Guests
Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Simple answer, 'When you select 'Add Input', you have a whole list of choices....just choose the one you want.....and check the 'Help' files.....

http://www.vmixhd.com/help15/ here is the link...download, and read, Read, READ carefully......it is a very simple program, and easy to use....