logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages<12345>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lbgaus  
#41 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2014 1:12:51 AM(UTC)
lbgaus

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 14 post(s)
admin wrote:

lbgaus, To explain the SeparateMono feature:

Left and Right are converted into two independent mono channels controlled by the fader.
The final output of each can be heard on both left and right of the main output, just as if they were
added to vMix as two separate mono inputs.

The meter shows the independent mixes on the left and right channels, so it does look like a bug in your screenshot
as setting the right volume to 0 will cause the meter to show nothing in that channel.
What type of input are you using and is it definitely a stereo source?

Regards,

Martin
vMix

Hi Martin,

I understand the SeparateMono feature now, that is what I assumed it was supposed to do but it just really confused me as the first input I tried it on was a List input. It is definitely playing a 2ch stereo AAC-encoded audio stream in the current listitem, but it's not handling the audio fading properly with List inputs. I checked again just now, and it does fade the mono right channel correctly when adding the listitem as a separate video input.
ovinas  
#42 Posted : Thursday, August 28, 2014 1:31:06 AM(UTC)
ovinas

Man

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Yesterday I tested the FFMPEG streaming again by restreaming StudioTech Live. Worked fine without any problems. But adding the RTMP stream as an input I can't route the audio like normal. It is fixed to all the buses M, A and B, no changes possible. Same happens with Flash inputs. Is this a limitation due to the input type or a bug?
admin  
#43 Posted : Sunday, August 31, 2014 8:37:35 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4165 time(s) in 1496 post(s)
Yes, the RTMP input has a few limitations due to the use of Flash Player which provides only very basic control over the audio.
I will hide the functions that are not available, such as audio meters, bus routing (only available on master) and solo.

admin  
#44 Posted : Tuesday, September 2, 2014 2:22:20 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

A bug fix update has been posted (14.0.0.60)

http://www.vmix.com.au/download/vmix14preview.exe

Fixes

* List input did not support separate mono audio feature
* Flash audio does not support soloing or compressor/gain so these buttons have been hidden
* M,A,B bus buttons for Flash audio now work but are linked across all flash inputs
* Audio meters work for Flash inputs but will only show a combined meter representing the audio across all flash inputs.
* Fixed issue with Fullscreen On Top showing a black screen.
thanks 3 users thanked admin for this useful post.
pasingshot on 9/2/2014(UTC), lbgaus on 9/2/2014(UTC), madness on 9/5/2014(UTC)
admin  
#45 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2014 8:49:46 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

A bug fix update has been posted (14.0.0.63)

Fixes

* Added Audio Bit Rate selection box for MP4. Up to 192kbps supported.
* Added support for AJA IO4K and Kona LHi
* Fixed some bugs with Trigger input selection. In particular, it may trigger a different input if the referenced input is removed. Now it will do nothing as expected.
* Fixed issues with input key changing when the Change feature is used.
* Fixed fast playback issue with SWF

If no other bugs are reported this will be the final release and will be posted on the web site sometime next week.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
madness on 9/5/2014(UTC)
jet  
#46 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2014 11:52:04 AM(UTC)
jet

Man

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
admin wrote:
A bug fix update has been posted (14.0.0.62)

Fixes

* Added support for AJA IO4K and Kona LHi
* Fixed some bugs with Trigger input selection. In particular, it may trigger a different input if the referenced input is removed. Now it will do nothing as expected.
* Fixed issues with input key changing when the Change feature is used.

If no other bugs are reported this will be the final release and will be posted on the web site sometime next week.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

Hi Martin.

Used 14.0.0.60 for 28 minute recording with 5 minute interval (in MPEG2-TS).

First files seemed ok (duration of 5 minutes each), but the fifth had duration of 00:22:17 (contains 5 minute of video)!

Also noticed that I can scrub only the first file with Windows Media Player. Other files just jumps to the beginning if I try to jump in time.

Kind regards,
Jan

admin  
#47 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2014 12:25:53 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Sounds like a Windows Media Player issue more than anything. Try in VLC or MPC-HC.
lbgaus  
#48 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2014 4:04:30 AM(UTC)
lbgaus

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Will all shortcuts and their associated input parameters be documented in the manual for the vMix 14 release?

I'm interested in knowing more about:
SetOutputExternal2
Cut vs. CutDirect
SetVolumeChannel1
SetVolumeChannel2
SetMasterVolume
SetHeadphonesVolume
SetBusAVolume
SetBusBVolume
MasterAudioOn
MasterAudioOff
BusAAudioOn
BusAAudioOff
BusBAudioOn
BusBAudioOff
Solo
SoloOn
SoloOff
AudioBusOn
AudioBusOff

Thank you Martin! vMix 14 is looking really good :)
richardgatarski  
#49 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2014 5:34:34 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Great news!

admin wrote:

Regarding recording settings, it is perhaps too late for v14 but I think in the feature preconfigured settings for some major VOD-services (eg YouTube and Vimeo) would come in handy.

With respect to mp4, for later uploading, some of my partial tests with mp4 720p indicates that the recorded format settings vMix support are not ideal. YouTube always says "Your videos will process faster if you encode into a streamable file format." And referr toYouTube recommends.

For a comparision, here are Vimeo's recommendations (note 320 kpbs for audio).

On a side note 50/60 frame rates are not supported by many CDN's, although YouTube have announced that they will support 60p. Driven by e-Gamer's that stream live (not sports or other fast paced stages). Not a word about 50p. Meanwhile, 50p is by YouTube converted to 25p and 60p to 30p.

Wish I have had more time to really try out v14. At the moment our lab PC is down for maintenance, and I do not dare to install v14 beta on any of our production PC:s (as I do not know if falling back to v13 by simply reinstalling is safe).
admin  
#50 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2014 9:22:07 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

An MP4 that is recommended for YouTube or Vimeo can't be created "live" unfortunately. It has to be done in a video editor
after the fact due to the need for things like headers at the start of the file etc.

This is why I would recommend creating a high quality master in vMix (AVI or high bitrate MPEG-2), and converting to MP4 afterwards using
your favourite encoding application. This will create the highest possible quality recording.

As for audio, the H264 encoder we use is limited to 192kbps maximum at the moment. This isn't a low quality bit rate mind you,
AAC 192kbps is indistinguishable from 320kbps in most listening tests.

thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
richardgatarski on 9/6/2014(UTC)
admin  
#51 Posted : Friday, September 5, 2014 9:25:36 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

A bug fix update has been posted (14.0.0.67)

Fixes

* Fixed quality issue with MPEG-2 TS since vMix 12.
* Fixed issue where recording fails for whatever reason, subsequent recordings may also fail.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
thanks 2 users thanked admin for this useful post.
madness on 9/5/2014(UTC), pasingshot on 9/6/2014(UTC)
ask  
#52 Posted : Saturday, September 6, 2014 7:51:05 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Not a bug but an undocumented feature. :-) When you turn streaming on Skype (and other programs) pick up the vMix Video device and show a live image.
richardgatarski  
#53 Posted : Saturday, September 6, 2014 3:41:24 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

admin wrote:
An MP4 that is recommended for YouTube or Vimeo can't be created "live" unfortunately. It has to be done in a video editor after the fact due to the need for things like headers at the start of the file etc.

OK, good to know.

admin wrote:
This is why I would recommend creating a high quality master in vMix (AVI or high bitrate MPEG-2), and converting to MP4 afterwards using your favourite encoding application. This will create the highest possible quality recording.

Yes, but in quite a few cases other parts (eg camera input quality, video signal quality, light conditions, PC/graphics card power, etc) are the limiting factors, not encoding quality. And huge video files and video editor's encoding time can be traded for speedy mp4 recordings.

admin wrote:
As for audio, the H264 encoder we use is limited to 192kbps maximum at the moment. This isn't a low quality bit rate mind you, AAC 192kbps is indistinguishable from 320kbps in most listening tests.

True, I just mirrored what YouTube specifies ;)

Thanks!
richardgatarski  
#54 Posted : Saturday, September 6, 2014 3:47:16 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

I quickly went through some of the new features in v14preview0.0.67) and found a few issues.

It is great that "Cut" is changed to "Prv" if click action is changed to "Cut". But I think it would be even better if the button was changed to "Prv" for all click action settings that are not "Cut".

If a setting was saved when two fullscreens were possible (eg in the Trial mode), then the Fullscreen drop down still offers two displays, even if only one can be available (eg HD edition).

Logically if Fullscreen for the Display (or both for dual display editions) is set to None, then it should not be able to turn the Fullscreen button on. Furthermore, why are there in addition to None, four display items listed in the dropdown, even when there is no extra display attached to the PC. And, is there a need for "Display 1" for single display PC's? Ideally it should for multiple display PC:s start with Display 2, and up to the number of displays attached.

I am not sure if I misunderstand Solo, or if there is a bug in that an Input module that is soloed still outputs to Main mix. If I start with a Default setting, Close the preset, add an Audio Input, then pressing "Solo" on that Input module still outputs to Main out.

A minor bug, regarding Solo. If an audio input is Soloed, the Solo button lights up and the Solo indicator below Output is displayed. If that input then is changed, it's Solo button is lit down, but the Output indicator is still on. Clicking Solo on, and then Off, removes the Output indicator (which is a kind of fix).

FFMPEG is enabled under "Performance". It would be nice if the Help file explained performance differences between FFMPEG and FMLE.

But all in all, the new version is much appreciated! Personal highlights are saved windows and audio mixer positions settings, the magical restart when setting changes make that necessary, font handling improvements, and just the fact that vMix always improves.

Now, time for a well deserved weeeeeeeekend :)
Hope you all get one too!

admin  
#55 Posted : Saturday, September 6, 2014 9:34:08 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Could you clarify what you are seeing with regards to Solo?
Here is how Solo works:

Input audio turned off / Solo turned on: Audio can be heard on the headphones output, but won't be sent to recording / master.
Input audio turned on / Solo turned on or off: Audio can be heard on the headphones output and will be sent to recording / master.

One key thing to note is if you don't have a separate audio output configured for both Master and Headphones that output will work
as a headphones output.

Also, as an explanation for the Fullscreen functionality. Windows reports different numbers of displays depending on what is plugged in.
So vMix will always show 4 possible outputs etc in order to preserve settings in the case of the second or third display not being plugged in yet.
Otherwise the settings would all reset back to 1 if vMix only displayed what is available.
richardgatarski  
#56 Posted : Sunday, September 7, 2014 3:59:45 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Sorry, in my previous post i meant:
"changed to "Prv" for all click action settings that are not Preview.
That is, one needs the Prv button whenever clicking on the input does not put it into preview.

Understand Fullscreen and Solo functionalities better now, thanks.(misinterpreted the help on Solo).

LG  
#57 Posted : Sunday, September 7, 2014 10:41:55 AM(UTC)
LG

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
what i dont understand is this is a preview version for people to test out and for Vmix to have a free beta testing group.....
but wy is this beta/preview not fully loaded?
this way things can not be fully tested.
no 4k no multirec no multi layers keying...
ngtech  
#58 Posted : Sunday, September 7, 2014 6:39:35 PM(UTC)
ngtech

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
when I run vmix64 I get this error, even when I make changes to anything, I tried reinstalling and still the same, vmix32 ver 14 runs with no problems is just vmix64 ver14. I don't think is a bug probably just some setting on my computer.

========================================
14.0.0.67 - Startup - 9/6/2014 4:33:21 PM
========================================
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: The parameter is incorrect
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket..ctor(AddressFamily addressFamily, SocketType socketType, ProtocolType protocolType)
at System.Net.Sockets.TcpListener..ctor(IPAddress localaddr, Int32 port)
at zzzzzx..ctor(Int32 a)
at zzzzzz..ctor(Int32 a)
at zzzzzr.f()
admin  
#59 Posted : Sunday, September 7, 2014 8:24:01 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

LG, not sure what you mean. the vMix 14 Preview is fully featured but you will need a suitable license as per normal versions of vMix.

ngtech, it sounds like the web server port may be incorrect. To fix this, locate the following folder and delete.
Note: This will delete all vMix settings and reset them to default.

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\StudioCoast_Pty_Ltd

Change YOURUSERNAME to the currently logged in account.
richardgatarski  
#60 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2014 11:55:34 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Martin,
All setting (cog wheel) buttons in the footer bar takes one directly to its function's settings, except External which leads to a drop-up choice of one - namely "Setting" (at least in Basic and HD). Is there a reason why the External cog wheel does not takes one to its setting?