logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ovinas  
#21 Posted : Sunday, August 24, 2014 1:35:19 PM(UTC)
ovinas

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Testing to stream with FFMPEG. Setting it up with AAC audio an error message comes up saying "This requires the AAC Encoding Plug-In for Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder...". I just click "OK", start the stream and it works just fine including AAC audio. So the error message is a bit misleading.
While setting the audio bitrate I'm missing an entry for 64kbps. I just entered it manually and it works fine, so maybe add 64kbps to the dropdown. For conferences with just voice it's fine especially when low on bandwidth.

And thanks again for this great piece of software!
thanks 1 user thanked ovinas for this useful post.
sinc747 on 8/25/2014(UTC)
admin  
#22 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2014 3:18:15 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4166 time(s) in 1497 post(s)
A vMix 14 Update (14.0.0.55) can be downloaded below:

http://www.vmix.com.au/download/vmix14preview.exe

Changes

* Fixed font issue with Title Designer and Title Editor
vMix uses a different API for fonts than XAML so there isn't a 1:1 mapping for some fonts.
That said, this fix should narrow the gap significantly.

* Added interlaced options for List input videos
* List input entries can be exported to .M3U in addition to existing import functionality.
* Streaming options that are not applicable to FFMPEG are hidden when it is enabled.
For example multi-bitrate options and audio format is now fixed to AAC.
* Additional audio bit rate options added to dropdown box
* CutDirect function added to cut an input directly to output without putting old input into Preview
* "Active" in Web Interface renamed to "Output" to be consistent with rest of documentation
* AddInput shortcut supports PowerPoint
* Fixed detection of colour/theme changes not prompting to restart.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
Bardos  
#23 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2014 6:44:58 AM(UTC)
Bardos

Groups: Guests
Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Martin, I am testing vMix14, and I am unable to change the fonts ...I am stuck with the default.....error message: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
admin  
#24 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2014 9:15:33 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Sorry about that I have updated the download link to 14.0.0.57 which fixes the font error.
(For your info, it is because the title templates are looking for Century Gothic which is not available on some systems)
josue83  
#25 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2014 3:38:29 PM(UTC)
josue83

Function does not work: Settings ► Display ► On Top
Otherwise it is fine

Windows7javascript:__doPostBack('forum$ctl01$Preview','') x64 & x32
lbgaus  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2014 12:40:20 AM(UTC)
lbgaus

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Hi Martin,

This is some wonderful work you're doing with version 14, I can tell I am putting a lot more stress on the program than it was able to handle in version 13...

I have 14.0.0.57. A few things for you... I will preface this by saying I am pushing vMix harder than V13 was able to take, but with this version am getting render times 5-25ms with the occasional renderer dropped frame while recording to MPEG-2 TS and ext out to DeckLink via the new dropdown choice. I think vMix should be able to handle what I'm doing, especially when the problems begin, I lighten the load, and the problems persist. I have shut off the recording and external after observing the following problems, but the issues stuck around from what I saw. Anyways, I think these are fixable, I don't think I'm pushing the system beyond it's limits.

So I seem to be having audio choppiness/cracking issues when vMix is under some load. I have about 25 inputs loaded (8 of them are new DeckLink SDI inputs - from your new capture dropdown options in addition to the old Decklink Video Capture), and am monitoring a MP4 container/AAC codec music video (happened on a MPEG-2 TS w/ MP2 audio too) when I am hearing these audio issues. The audio sounds like it is playing back slower than normal when the problem is exceptionally bad.

I am also getting a ton of "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" errors. I have clicked to send error reports on a lot of these. Hopefully they are helpful. I think they are occurring (most?) when I have the Statistics window open and doing the tasks mentioned above.

UserPostedImage

When I first opened the program after upgrading from V13, I saw the following. I have not reproduced the problem since.
(FYI I am doing this on a production machine, so I took the C:\Program Files (x86)\vMix folder, renamed it to vMix.old, and ran the v14 installer. The StudioCoast and vMix folders in the local AppData were not touched. This is all to *hopefully* roll back to V13 stable if we do a paid production.)

UserPostedImage
admin  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2014 1:23:42 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Thanks for the report.
Best I can tell there might be some memory corruption issues on that machine as
things like menus going blank tends to indicate memory running out.

Can you confirm you are running vMix x64? Also when you see the audio issues, what is the CPU usage looking like and
the render time? What graphics card is installed in the system as well?

EDIT: Try running a memory diagnostic to see if anything strange comes up.
lbgaus  
#28 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2014 3:02:08 AM(UTC)
lbgaus

Hi Martin,

I will go ahead and run memtest86 on the unit, but I have never seen such a thing until this beta version. I'll let you know if that reports memory issues.

I am running vMix x64, the memory usage of vMix64.exe is about 30%, total system usage is about 35%. I have an nVidia chipset GTX 650Ti. I'm thinking about upgrading graphics cards but am still on the fence about what to get. To that point, I posted this thread asking for suggestions relating specifically to vMix and GPU clock speed, GPU memory size, etc... but it didn't get any replies.

I figure I'm just going to have to buy some extravagant video card and see what difference it makes versus the middle-of-the-road one I have now. But, do you think the audio issues are specific to my system? They didn't exist in 13.

Thanks!
---landon
lbgaus  
#29 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2014 3:10:48 AM(UTC)
lbgaus

The GPU begins to bottleneck around 35% from what I've seen in my observations. Which is why I want to upgrade, but still I can drop the load on vMix and receive the audio issues. Were you able to pull anything useful from the error reports regarding the Object reference not instantiated?

UserPostedImage

Edit: I don't think my system is running out of RAM, and CPU still has a lot of idle cycles.

UserPostedImage
admin  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2014 3:11:47 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Well you mentioned pushing vMix 14 more than you have with 13, so an equal comparison
would be needed to see if the audio issues are something new.

EDIT: The error message you saw was due to closing a capture input while the statistics window was still open.
I will add a workaround for the next release, but closing the statistics window when changing inputs is recommended anyway.
lbgaus  
#31 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2014 3:21:16 AM(UTC)
lbgaus

admin wrote:
EDIT: The error message you saw was due to closing a capture input while the statistics window was still open.
I will add a workaround for the next release, but closing the statistics window when changing inputs is recommended anyway.

Oh, that makes sense. Thanks for looking into that...

I will play around with the system to see if I can further characterize the audio issues when I wake up in the morning, I loaded my test preset as soon as I upgraded. While I believe I added and removed enough inputs to test a good range, I didn't see if stripping the inputs down to just one or two would resolve it. If it would help to screen-record vMix with the audio issues and the Windows system info screen all visible I can try that tomorrow.
admin  
#32 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2014 3:21:39 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

If you are able to provide a copy of the log file when the audio issues start happening
that should provide some insight. Better yet a small recording as well would help me understand what it sounds like.
lbgaus  
#33 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2014 3:24:59 AM(UTC)
lbgaus

admin wrote:
If you are able to provide a copy of the log file when the audio issues start happening
that should provide some insight. Better yet a small recording as well would help me understand what it sounds like.

Sure, I will do that. Can you remind me where that logfile is? I know there's a log created for recordings, but I'm having a hard time recalling a general operation log right now.
admin  
#34 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2014 3:30:22 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

The recording log file is what I mean.
josue83  
#35 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2014 3:31:50 AM(UTC)
josue83

josue83 wrote:
Function does not work: Settings ► Display ► On Top
Otherwise it is fine

Windows7 x64 & x32

Disable
UserPostedImage

Enable
UserPostedImage
richardgatarski  
#36 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2014 6:22:08 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Martin,
I tried a few fonts with 14.0.0.57, and there are still some issues. I have PM:d you some samples.
Standing by to assist you further.
lbgaus  
#37 Posted : Tuesday, August 26, 2014 1:53:53 PM(UTC)
lbgaus

Hi Martin,

Regarding my earlier audio problems, I am going to say for now this issue is potentially caused by too much load on the system and vMix has this reaction to it. Today, the building air conditioning is running because it is no longer the weekend and things appear much better, although I still heard some audio issues but I was really pushing vMix and the GPU to absurdly unrealistic levels this morning. Surely cooler temperatures make the graphics hardware run better...

I'm just going to upgrade GPUs. When you have some time, some of your thoughts on vMix's internal relationship (or lack thereof) with core GPU clock speed, memory, etc... would be appreciated a lot. That thread is http://forums.vmix.com.a....aspx?g=posts&t=2493

From what I've seen with this new version, it looks like the new video engine has helped a lot. Thanks for your continued development.

Can you explain the new SeparateMono audio option and what it's intended to do? When using a regular stereo source and changing the mode to SeparateMono, it appears all I can do is increase the gain on both and adjust the left slider in the Audio Mixer. The right slider didn't seem to do anything. My intent was to set up a stereo input to fill with it's left channel, discarding the right channel. Maybe I am missing something.

UserPostedImage

Also, is it possible for the input names to be shown here (and in Settings>Output), instead of Input1, Input2, etc...

UserPostedImage
admin  
#38 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 5:28:00 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

14.0.0.58 has been posted.

http://www.vmix.com.au/download/vmix14preview.exe

This includes some small updates, including a few fixes in the vMix Title Designer.
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
richardgatarski on 8/27/2014(UTC)
admin  
#39 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 5:28:45 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

lbgaus, To explain the SeparateMono feature:

Left and Right are converted into two independent mono channels controlled by the fader.
The final output of each can be heard on both left and right of the main output, just as if they were
added to vMix as two separate mono inputs.

The meter shows the independent mixes on the left and right channels, so it does look like a bug in your screenshot
as setting the right volume to 0 will cause the meter to show nothing in that channel.
What type of input are you using and is it definitely a stereo source?

Regards,

Martin
vMix
richardgatarski  
#40 Posted : Wednesday, August 27, 2014 10:20:35 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
admin wrote:
This includes some small updates, including a few fixes in the vMix Title Designer.

Thanks Martin! I made a note of the fixes, and make a small suggestion, in the vMix Title Designer topic (as this one os for v14 preview).