logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ask  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 3, 2015 12:43:54 AM(UTC)
ask

Groups: Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Martin, often during a relay event there is a need to mark the footage as a replay with either text or images. This allow a visual seperation from the live footage and also allows the replay to be Sponsored. i.e The "vMix replay".

It would be nice to have the ability in the replay controller to have the ability to select an overlay to run with the replay or the replay package. Ideally this would be an additional overlay from the normal 4 available.
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 3, 2015 9:47:03 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ ask

This should already be possible by setting it up in each of Replay A & B 's "MultiView" (with cog wheel settings)

Ice
ask  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2015 6:30:19 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Ice. True, but I assume that that then gets "stamped" on the recording. It also means setting it up for each camera. I am talking about doing it once, with the possibility of being able to choose seperate overlays for different replay sessions, as well as for individual cameras.
IceStream  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 4, 2015 8:50:08 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ ask

Actually the "Multi-View" overlays are not 'Stamped' into the recorded video of the actual Replay inputs (exported clips) unless you set that up in each Camera input.
The Replay A and B inputs are essentially SFX Multiview inputs that use the Replay inputs in the background (kind of like a switcher within a switcher), so whatever you set-up in those 'A' & 'B' inputs are what will 'play-out' to "Program" (and recorded as such there).
Yes, you will have to 'modify' on the fly if your graphics change from replay to replay, but what you suggest in your original post is certainly possible.
You may even be able to set-up your own 'layered' SFX "Multi-View" inputs to accommodate your needs.
As always, it's best to experiment and "play" with various options to see what is possible and what is not, and figure out what works best for you.
What I can tell you is that I have done pretty much exactly what you describe, using a "REPLAY" graphic for 'Live' replays and a "HIGHLIGHTS" graphic when playing a sequence of replays during a break.

Ice