logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ittaidv  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2015 6:49:56 AM(UTC)
Ittaidv

Groups: Registered
Man
Belgium

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 75 post(s)
We have tried to buy a few component to hdmi converters, in order for our xha1's to work with hdmi. Untill now all brands give us a washed out pink image.

I think this has to do with color conversion, and i find no settings in the blackmagic drivers or in vmix to set it right.

Anyone who knows how to fix this?
richardgatarski  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2015 3:56:05 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
I think you have to provide more info. For examples, which converters, how do you get the HDMI into the PC, what are the settings in vMix's camera input, and does it work with another HDMI source for that input?
Ittaidv  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2015 4:29:59 PM(UTC)
Ittaidv

Man
Belgium

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 75 post(s)
richardgatarski wrote:
I think you have to provide more info. For examples, which converters, how do you get the HDMI into the PC, what are the settings in vMix's camera input, and does it work with another HDMI source for that input?

We used various cheap converters from amazon. This was the first one we tried: http://www.amazon.co.uk/...ywords=component+to+hdmi

We used it with a mini recorder and a short hdmi cable in between.

Our xha1's output a perfect image when we connect them to a decklink intensity pro over component, so we are sure they work correctly and the cables are good.

When we connect them to the converters, the image is washed out and looks pink/purple.

We tried 3 component to hdmi converters already with no succes.

We would like to have the xha1's converted to hdmi, since there are no quad component cards available on the market.
ask  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 28, 2015 6:30:27 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Have a look at the Avermedia Dark Crystal Duo cards. They will give you two Component/HDMI inputs (and two composite) I run two of them happily in one box (you can go to eight cards). The pink tint suggests to me that you are not getting the full signal through the converter to the computer via the converter boxes. Probably the issue is the signal output on the camera or the cable you use. I don't think it is the converter as tried a number of them.
zenvideo  
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 14, 2015 1:56:12 PM(UTC)
zenvideo

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 183 time(s) in 130 post(s)
ask wrote:
The pink tint suggests to me that you are not getting the full signal through the converter to the computer via the converter boxes. Probably the issue is the signal output on the camera or the cable you use. I don't think it is the converter as tried a number of them.

It's easy enough to check the cabling and the converter, provided you also have a component monitor that can be used to check that the cable is carrying all three component signals.

Start by just connecting the Y (luma) signal (which normally has a green plug) and you should see a normal image, but in monochrome (black & white). Then connect each of the colour-difference signals.

As each one is connected in turn (along with the Y/luma, which carries the syncs) you should get some colour added to the picture, but not full colour until all three are connected. If there is one of the signals that makes no difference to the colour content of the image when it's connected to the converter, then that might help you pinpoint where the fault lies.