logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
homeless  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2015 12:30:02 PM(UTC)
homeless

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
When i create trigger to AudioON or other - its works only with main transitions. But if i use overlays button - its not work. I create input with video-audio-clip and create trigger TransititoinIn to set audio ON to this clip - when i simple CUT this clip to program - trigger work, but if i set this clip to program as overlay (1-2-3-4 bettons) - trigger not work... And i see that TransitionOut trigger can switch off sound of this clip.
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 27, 2015 12:47:01 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ homeless

I think this is by design.
It allows for much more versatility and prevents undesired effects, loops and potential mistakes during a 'broadcast'.

Ice
homeless  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2015 1:24:52 AM(UTC)
homeless

May be, may be....
But why i ask about it - i use projector with not full screen (vertical size lower than picture from projector), and use main background pics or clips to fill screen, and overlays to send other clips or cams in windows over background. And when i push overlays buttons (1-2-3-4) - clips started in overlay, but no sound (checkbox "Auto mix audio" enabled). And i need to manually set audio on to overlayed clips (before or after transition). And if triggers can manipulate with audio - process will be automated.
IceStream  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2015 9:31:53 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

@ homeless

Have you experimented with the 'Multi-View' feature?
If properly configured, the 'Overlays' do 'Automatically mix audio' as opposed to the "Downstream" '1-2-3-4' Overlay buttons which do not.
I am not exactly clear on your set-up, but I am sure you can fairly easily accomplish the 'automation' you seek.

Ice
homeless  
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2015 3:01:53 AM(UTC)
homeless

I see Multiview feature, but this feature can not enable fast switching between clips - so many action needed to change source to windows... I need to open properties of multiview source and go to the multiview tabs and change source. But if i use overlays - i need to simple push property button - and vuala...
I wrote that is "by design" - ok, but when i create source - in this NO TRIGGERS - behavior is default - no loops, no effects and other. But if i planned composition by mysefl - i prepare all triggers to work as needed to me. And triggers not work :(

And another feature so i need - fix size of overlays in pixels, but not percents of main - it needed to set overlays windows over background independently of source format. Because if i set size overlay to 16:9 clips - window has one size, but if i set this overlay to clip with 4:3 - windows size is changed. And if i set overlay window in pixels - all sources sended to overlay resized to him, but no resize it.
IceStream  
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2015 9:45:32 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

@ homeless

Once again, I point you in the direction of the 'Multi-View' feature. I can appreciate your need to do multiple 'switches' quickly, which is not feasible if you have to change the 'Multi-view' input all the time.
But think 'outside the box' a little bit...

My solution would be to create as many 'Multi-view' inputs as you need and simply 'switch' between them. The versatility of vMix's 1000 inputs easily allows for this.
'Set-up' can be a real "pain in the ass" for elaborate needs, but the end results can be amazing and dramatically improve the flow and 'automation' of your show.
In terms of input re-sizing, each 'Overlay' can be re-sized independently of the original input so you can better match to aspect ratio of the input you are on top of without affecting vMix's 'auto fit to window' default.

As an example, my 'default' preset is 10 'blank' or 'Colour' inputs that are directly linked to 'Shortcut' keys 0-9.
The first 8 I use as my main 'Inputs' and set them up accordingly with the 'Multi-view' feature, that is Camera 1 overlayed on 'input 1', Camera 2 on 'input 2 etc. etc.
If I need to overlay a graphic periodically on Camera 1, such as a scoreboard with music BG, I may set-up 'input 6' as Camera 1 and Scoreboard that will also trigger BG music track, so now, it's just a single 'Shortcut' key push of #6 and it's there, pushing #2 and I am back to Camera 2 without the scoreboard overlay and BG music. If I need to go to a video, I may set-up 'input 5' overlayed with a video or a video list. Once again, single shortcut key and not having to navigate through all my inputs to find the right one...
This is all done with the 'Multi-View' feature and works like a charm, it just needs to be properly thought out and set-up ahead of time.

I hope I have made it clear. A lot of what you are asking for is certainly possible with vMix, just maybe not as straight forward or 'perceptable' at first glance.

Ice
homeless  
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2015 10:41:24 AM(UTC)
homeless

IceStream wrote:
@ homeless
My solution would be to create as many 'Multi-view' inputs as you need and simply 'switch' between them.
Ice

As i write above - my projection place is not equal full size of screen of projector. And i need to crop upper and buttom places, resize background and etc...
Usually i set overlay1 to needed size of phisical screen and send backgrounds to this overlay (pics, clips and other). But for live sources and special materials (video, presentations) i use overlays 2-3-4, witch sized and positioned to needed point over background. And i can see how viewed this overlays over background to easy correct parameters.

If i create many Multiview inputs - i need to correct size, position and scale in all !!! And when i switch between multiview - i can get some troubles with waits,stopping(restartings) videos ?! And in cropping settings no digital values - only faders - no precision in creating new multiview.

May be we solve different tasks, but in my case - for me it would be more convenient if triggers works in overlays transitions and not only during normal switching. For other cases - no changing because triggers not created automatically. AND - some triggers works in overlays transitions, but not audio....