logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Registers on the forum or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
admin  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2012 8:50:49 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4146 time(s) in 1491 post(s)
A test version of vMix 2012 v3 has been released and is now available for download:

http://www.vmix.com.au/download/vmix2012v3test.exe

IMPORTANT NOTES:
* Some computers will need to be registered again when using this version. Enter your existing key when prompted and follow the instructions.
* This is a test version and may have some outstanding bugs.

RELEASE NOTES:
* Four new Transition Effects: Fly, FlyRotate, CrossZoom and Cube
* FTB (Fade To Black) Button added which blacks out the fullscreen and recording/external outputs when activated
* Web Interface for iPad/Tablets shows configured Keyboard Shortcuts as a grid of touch activated buttons
* Additional functions added to Shortcuts including PlayPause, Restart, Audio toggle, Next Picture and Previous Picture.
* New "SlideShow Settings" right click Window with thumbnail previews for PowerPoint and Photos inputs.
* PowerPoint presentations are now preloaded
* Improved Video Delay with greater control including ability to stop recording. Additional 2x and 4x speeds available.
* Added Recent Files list to Flash, Audio, PowerPoint and Photos inputs
* Automatic reconnect support for RTMP streams
* Added ability to automatically restart input before transition
* "Pause After Transition" feature can now be toggled on a per Input basis
* Two Rows of Inputs can be configured in Settings
* Desktop Capture now uses Windows Default Cursor instead of generic cursor
* Reload menu item for Flash and Capture sources so they can be easily restarted in case of hardware error
* Transparency option added to Colour Adjust tab
* Improved Ticker Title with adjustable duration
* Desktop Capture uses cursor from current theme
* Mirror input effect added
* FIX: VideoDelay was using Video Memory when not needed
* FIX: High Quality scaling was not enabled on nVidia cards when recording to a lower resolution
* FIX: Self Render setting saved in Preset
* FIX: Some Audio Input devices would cause an error when selected for a Recording
* FIX: QuickTime "yuvs" format now supported
* FIX: QuickPlay and Overlay 3,4 settings were not being saved correctly
* FIX: Allowed vMix Virtual Audio Capture to work in XP Compatibility Mode under Windows 7
* FIX: Text Editor would bring up an error if invalid font was selected
* FIX: Fixed DirectShow memory leaks
* FIX: MultiCorder recordings for RGB cameras might be upside down
* FIX: MultiCorder filenames were not unique for identical cameras
* FIX: Increased available memory on x64 systems
* FIX: Shortcuts remember assigned inputs in presets

Post any bugs in this thread.

Thanks,

Martin
vMix
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
ELCHAPIN on 4/10/2012(UTC)
ykhwong  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2012 4:08:47 AM(UTC)
ykhwong

Groups: Registered

Thanks. Very nice.

The quality of Google translation for Korean language is too bad that many Koreans do not understand.
Based on the test version, I newly updated Korean translation. Here is a link.

http://ykhwong.x-y.net/vmix/ko.txt
dundurs  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2012 5:01:41 AM(UTC)
dundurs

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Really impressive list of useful features, will do some tests. Reported an error on WinXp after installing over old vMix (no restart) that DirectX is not found. On Win7 everything is working fine so far.

The HTTP interface looks promising, I hope there is a way to simulate HTTP requests made by your web page and use them in my application to control vMix directly and autmatically (#67 http://forums.vmix.com.a...ts&m=1751#post1751). Also it would be good to have a confirmation that last action has been sent, perhaps you could display the active input name on web page or (better for me) provide a HTTP request that can be used to get it? Therefore I can regulalry query this request to see which input is active.

Thanks,
Dundurs

admin  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2012 5:41:05 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Just uploaded an update that fixes the startup issue on Windows XP.
Version 7.3.0.50

An API is planned for the next release some time in the next few months. It will be separate to the web interface which is designed purely for touch control.

dundurs  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2012 5:56:15 AM(UTC)
dundurs

admin wrote:

An API is planned for the next release some time in the next few months. It will be separate to the web interface which is designed purely for touch control.

Ok, but do you see any problems I could come across if using HTTP protocol as API to select the input? The thing is we have to set up an installation now and I have to decide to buy vMix or a hardware switcher.
jwings  
#6 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2012 10:37:06 AM(UTC)
jwings

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi,
I am a video-audio technical support of an university. I came across your software on the net and I found that you all has done a great job. In the past, I do tons of testing on these software eg. VidBlaster and AVtake. Unfortunately I end up with latency problem. To me, these virtual video mixer need to be as good as the hardware AV mixer (if Possible) because we are working on electronic field production. And I have done some testing in my personal auditorium.

My Settings:
CPU Core i7 2600k@3.4GHz
RAM 8gb
GPU Asus 6850
OS Win7 Pro x64
Storage intel 320 ssd
Video In: osprey 460e @Latest driver
Camcorder sony cx700

After run some test in sd environment using trial version, I found that your In-out latency is the lowest compare to vidblaster and AV take. I understand that this latency cannot be eliminated(even I wish to) but it can be minimized with proper hardware & software. Imagine someone giving presentation on the stage, the image of him (lips or hand movement)on the video wall go out of sync with the sound from the speakers. That would be awful isn't it. For online streamer, maybe an audio delayer can solve the problem but that just not my case. I don't know what codes you guys use for this piece of work but i have to say that you have make it great and keep up with this unique feature. Hope that this low latency features can be maintained of even enhanced with proper hardware integration(osprey, decklink, nvidia, whatever).

Here I would like to leave some suggestions for vMix.
1. Can there be a DOWNSTREAM KEY app integrated with color key. This is to add stroke around the keyed title from MS powerpoint, to make the wording stand out more.

2. For the desktop capture feature, how can I capture video playback on another computer in the same network. Is it the FPS problem? I wonder.

3. Can there be a partner app like Adobe bridge with video out(with decklink or...) option in preview window. This can be user friendly for presenter with vast file navigation during presentation. I have not seen this kind of app so far.

4. Can I re size the Preview and Program out window? So that it is possible to lay at least two rows of 'Add Input'. I need lots of standby files for switching when assisting a lecture during his speech.

Hope these suggestions helps in this product design.
Thanks and regards
Famous Pictures  
#7 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2012 7:14:11 PM(UTC)
Famous Pictures

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Unable to register this version using my serial number. Reports already registered to another computer. Was able to use 60 day trial.

Please advise.

Thanks!
admin  
#8 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2012 7:36:05 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Please follow link given in error message to reactivate your key.
tony marone  
#9 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2012 8:01:24 PM(UTC)
tony marone

Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi Martin,

So where is the link to the new version that fixes the XP Direct Show issue?

Tony
admin  
#10 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2012 8:29:29 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Same link. Download it again if you have the older download.
ELCHAPIN  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, April 10, 2012 1:09:09 PM(UTC)
ELCHAPIN

GRACIAS MARTIN
exelente trabajo , super congratul
ber142  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, April 10, 2012 2:46:52 PM(UTC)
ber142

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Martin,

First of all nice work! Thank you for fixing the shortcut/input issue and the flash reset functionality.

Today I did some tests. It looks very promising; however I have got some small issues:

* When I add a photo input, save the preset en open the present, the photo can't be found (no matter what format/filename/file location). The filename of the picture is also not in the vm7 file. A 2012v2 present (with photo input) loads fine, however after save the preset in the test version, the image is gone.
* I think the new web interface is very nice and functional. However I miss some crucial functions in shortcuts. To make the release complete I'll suggest to add the 'FTB', 'Fullscreen', 'Stop/Start recording video delay' to the shortcuts (I don't want to use my mouse when I am editing/mixing).
* I am very happy with the start/stop recording for the delay, but would it be possible to see the current recording state without having to right click on the input?
* When I mark a flash or capture input as overlay and I reset it, the overlay is unmarked (and I have to manually mark it again).

Some other small wishes:

* Would it be possible to connect one shortcut key to two (or more) actions? Especially for overlays. Just with one key I'd like to show an input with another input as overlay. Now I've have to use two shortcuts.
* I'd like the FTB function, but would it be possible to configure a main background (an image) instead of just black? It could also be used as background when using the zoom transition.

With kind regards, Hanno
Famous Pictures  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2012 12:48:16 PM(UTC)
Famous Pictures

Installed Vmix from file on my flash drive. I entered my registration info into Vmix with my flash drive connected to the computer. When I remove the flash drive and try to run Vmix, it reports it is currently associated with another machine and does not load. If I plug the flash drive back in, Vmix loads OK.

Please advise!

Thanks.
Famous Pictures  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2012 11:13:15 PM(UTC)
Famous Pictures

Bug:

Loaded an image into an input.

Saved preset. Closed preset. Reloaded preset.

Received this error message:
Could not Open Input: File Not Found
OpenEx
File Not Found

Close Vmix. Open Vmix. Load preset. Same error.

Was able to add input with the image again, seems to be saving incorrect data in preset.

Sent you an error report via Vmix error screen.
dundurs  
#15 Posted : Saturday, April 14, 2012 2:37:11 AM(UTC)
dundurs

Famous Pictures wrote:
Bug:

Loaded an image into an input.

Saved preset. Closed preset. Reloaded preset.

Received this error message:
Could not Open Input: File Not Found
OpenEx
File Not Found

Close Vmix. Open Vmix. Load preset. Same error.

Was able to add input with the image again, seems to be saving incorrect data in preset.

Sent you an error report via Vmix error screen.

I also have the same error.
topbunk  
#16 Posted : Saturday, April 14, 2012 2:04:18 PM(UTC)
topbunk

Hi,

I have been testing v3 on both a quad core laptop and quad core desktop. There is a flicker each time I switch from preview to program, and the preview shot eventually freezes. The input shot remains frozen even while switching.

With kind regards,
Carlton

admin  
#17 Posted : Saturday, April 14, 2012 2:23:44 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi Carlton,

Could you provide some information on what the two inputs are that you are using?
There is an option in v3 that automatically restarts the video before switching, are you using that option at all?

Thanks,

Martin
vMix
topbunk  
#18 Posted : Saturday, April 14, 2012 6:13:13 PM(UTC)
topbunk

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the speedy response. I am using three DV cameras and one c910 webcam. I see the setting you spoke of and unchecked "Automatically Pause after Transition" (it is checked by default) and now everything works fine.

Thanks again,
Carlton
admin  
#19 Posted : Saturday, April 14, 2012 11:26:00 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Thanks for pointing out the bug. v3 Test is treating cameras like videos by mistake causing it to try and pause
the camera when auto pause is enabled. The workaround for now is to disable the auto pause feature.

This and any other bugs reported in this thread will be fixed for the public v3 release due soon.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

topbunk  
#20 Posted : Sunday, April 15, 2012 12:07:07 PM(UTC)
topbunk

Hi Martin,

I have been trying to add new keyboard shortcuts in v3 and I keep getting this message: "Index was outside the bounds of the array." The same thing happens when I try to edit existing shortcuts.

My Sony FX7 HDV cam does not show up in the MultiCorder window when using any of the two HD resulitions. It displays fine in the inputs and preview monitors though.

Best regards,

Carlton