logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Sittingbull86  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2014 1:26:48 PM(UTC)
Sittingbull86

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I am deaf and regularly organizes conferences Sign Language (2 times per week).
Vmix was tested for two months, and it's really smooth and efficient.
It is used for mixing between various videos, powerpoints and a temporary camera on tripod SD-SDI.

We wish to make a permanent installation to be managed 100% Vmix.
Currently, a powerful computer is prepared to be able to manage it all.

We have questions about the cameras, we would install two cameras.
We hesitate between SD-SDI cameras and IP network cameras.
We really need the cameras sending video in real time.

Are there delays in videos with SD-SDI camera?
Are there a delay with a video camera IP networks?
Vmix t it has a function to control a camera to zoom, move?

If you chose SD-SDI cameras for acquisition, we hesitate between these two models:
Blackmagic Design DeckLink Quad
YUAN High-Tech SC510 N4

Are there delays in videos with these two models?

What can you recommend as SD-SDI camera?
What can you recommend as IP network camera?
It has a budget of 700/800 USD.

Thank you very much for your advice and guidance.
Best Regards.
h2video.nl  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 23, 2014 4:37:37 PM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Man

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 39 post(s)
hello mrvsitting Bull,
regarding your questions i can recommend both bm and yuan cards. if you want sdi input of 2or 4 sdi input yuan has a great price quality.

bm is a bit more picky but you get good support.

regarding camera s it will be difficult to find a good camera with sdi out, so i suggest using a good prosumer cam and an hdmi to sdi converter.

i would not recommend ip camera in a fixed setting, better to choose a good light sensitive camera and a hdmi sdi converter so you will have no latency at all. i recommend inputting audio through the camera as well so you will have both audio and video arrive through the sdi input.

greetings,
stefan

ps i use a canon xa25 as a typical lecture capture pro cam. a little out of your budget range but highly recommended. an alternative is a panasonic 900 range or a sony or canon in that price range of about 700-900 euros.
tdurhamjr  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 25, 2014 12:21:01 AM(UTC)
tdurhamjr

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 21 post(s)
I second the recommendation of running black magic cards. I am running 2 BM Decklink Quad cards in one PC. I have 4 very inexpensive Sony CX220 cameras, 2 GoPro Cameras, and 2 HDR CX900 cameras (more expensive cameras). Honestly, if you are just getting started with a setup, I would:

1. Get a couple of the Sony CX220's on ebay for $100 each.
2. Run a Blackmagic Decklink Quad card ($995 new) or maybe you can get lucky and find a used one for $600-$700
3. Buy some very inexpensive HDMI to SDI converters on ebay for $50 each. I have 6 of them and they work GREAT.
4. Get a used video card that has at least 2gb of RAM with 4gb being preferred. You can get used ones on ebay for a great price.

You can run this setup and have a very effective vMix setup.s

I just built a top of the line PC for streaming but if you have a decent processor and the items above, you can have a good streaming PC.

Tim
Rehan  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 25, 2014 4:59:03 AM(UTC)
Rehan

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
There are several points in the setup where you'll have a bit of a delay:
- 30 ms to 100 ms from the camera output
- 16 ms to 30 ms for converting between SDI and HDMI
- 60 ms or more for the video capture card
- 16 ms to 30 ms for vMix
- possibly some delay for the external output or fullscreen output from vMix

I find that in a live production environment, anything more than 150 ms of TOTAL delay causes the video delay to be noticeable when someone is talking. Maybe for a sign language conference this delay would not be a problem? I don't know...

I've tried several prosumer cameras, including the Canon XA20 (HDMI version of the XA25) and the Canon HFG30, but their output delay was too high for my usage. I ended up settling on the Sony HVR-V1U, which is 1080p30 rather than 1080p60 like the others I mentioned, but its delay is much better. Unfortunately, there isn't much information available for the output delay of various cameras, so you may have to just try them yourself if the differences in delay are a concern.

> Vmix t it has a function to control a camera to zoom, move?

No.
I use this kind of setup to do that work: http://expedition-electr.../pantilt/pantiltlanc.htm
The components are: Bescor MP-101 pan/tilt head, USB Pan Tilt Controller with Sony LANC interface, and a gamepad controller.
h2video.nl  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 25, 2014 2:48:28 PM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Man

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 39 post(s)
hi rehan,

i never have issues with latency since i channel the o
audio input through my main camera xa25 or panasonic. this way audio and video arrive at the same time and vmix knows perfectly how to handle this.

i also record a master on the xa25 so i have a video audio backup in sinc. sometimes i also rec on 2or 3 cams and record a master on these as well, so i can always make a multicam edit in case of disaster or more frequently, if i want to make a nice summary in post.

stefan

ps i use yuan quad cards which are more flexible and affordable than bm. they also can capture 50p an 60p content which the bm can not.
stefan
Rehan  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 25, 2014 5:04:38 PM(UTC)
Rehan

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
h2video.nl wrote:
i never have issues with latency since i channel the o
audio input through my main camera xa25 or panasonic. this way audio and video arrive at the same time and vmix knows perfectly how to handle this.

Yeah, it's not a problem if the audio is delivered with the video. But in some live situations, the sound is distributed without the vMix PC and therefore has almost no delay, in which case the video latency can be an issue. It completely depends on the usage scenario, but I thought I'd mention the sync issue because Sittingbull86 had asked about delay.