logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
richardgatarski  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 14, 2014 6:16:14 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
The realization of Change in Inputs, and vMix's new handling of nonexisting devices (offline), made me think that Exporting and Importing individual inputs would be possible. The latter either when adding a new Input, or when changing an input, by importing a previously exported input. Another thing that I believe would benefit from importing and exporting is Shortcut sets (ie all shortcuts defined in a preset).

At this stage in thinking I guess managing single camera inputs this way is relatively easy. The same goes for shortcuts. Whereas virtual sets, titles, and list inputs might be more challenging.

Personally my need arose from the sort of standard multiviews we build and would like to use in different presets. I also have the need described in snedecor's request Way to make XAML items self-contained or able to be exported/imported

Anyone else that have similar needs? Do you think it is feasable?
richardgatarski  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 3, 2014 10:27:38 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Haha! Forgot I already asked for this - found this post when searching for similar requests :)

Came to my mind today when I found that some of our cameras deliver a slightly cropped video to the Input (not vMix's fault, they do so for all cards/software we tried). We correct that in the Input's Position setting.

Of course one might reason that it is easy to keep separate presets for different cameras. But we tend to learn more and more about vMix, and make nicer and nicer presets. So for us it is much better to have a couple of "standard presets" for different setups, while still be able to import the Input setting for the cameras we attach.
Ramón  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 3, 2014 7:29:11 PM(UTC)
Ramón

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I think the same. Power save configuration preset input, single, could be good for when you have, for example, several camera with various settings that are repeated for each input.
richardgatarski  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 2, 2015 4:09:01 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

The apps (Win,iOs, Android) for Behringer's X Air series audio mixers have an interesting feature for copy/pasting settings between sources. As can be seen in one of their demo videos. Something similar for vMix would be nice. And ideally supplemented with the possibility to export/import those kinds of settings, thus allowing managing settings between presets.