logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DYosua  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 20, 2014 10:41:46 AM(UTC)
DYosua

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I was wondering if it would be possible to be able to query inputs that have multiple items in them (VideoList, Slideshows, PowerPoints, etc) via the API and receive a list of items in it. While the XML returned by accessing the web server (http://192.168.0.3:8088/API for example) is helpful, in that it tells you which item in the collection is selected, it does not say how many items are in the collection, and what their names are. I am hoping to develop a control surface program in VB that is similar to the Web Interface that can be used when I need to switch the church services I record remotely. It would be helpful to access the items in an input by maybe accessing /API/inputnumber (or the unique key), and have XML returned with the index, name, and possibly duration of each file (if possible). Currently, I am creating my own XML but have to make sure that the items in the collection are in the correct order and don't change so when I switch them via the program they are selecting the correct input in vMix. Thanks for your consideration, and let me know if you have any questions!
jaredquinn  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 11, 2017 8:20:27 AM(UTC)
jaredquinn

Groups: Registered

DYosua wrote:
I was wondering if it would be possible to be able to query inputs that have multiple items in them (VideoList, Slideshows, PowerPoints, etc) via the API and receive a list of items in it. While the XML returned by accessing the web server (http://192.168.0.3:8088/API for example) is helpful, in that it tells you which item in the collection is selected, it does not say how many items are in the collection, and what their names are. I am hoping to develop a control surface program in VB that is similar to the Web Interface that can be used when I need to switch the church services I record remotely. It would be helpful to access the items in an input by maybe accessing /API/inputnumber (or the unique key), and have XML returned with the index, name, and possibly duration of each file (if possible). Currently, I am creating my own XML but have to make sure that the items in the collection are in the correct order and don't change so when I switch them via the program they are selecting the correct input in vMix. Thanks for your consideration, and let me know if you have any questions!

+1

This is an old one; but doesn't seem to have been solved...

I would love to be able to more deeply query the playlist from the API; including managing the items inside Lists!

Jared