logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Thremir  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 25, 2014 1:52:29 PM(UTC)
Thremir

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Greetings vMixers!

Me and my brother really like to test the limit of things we are using, therefore we came up with this maybe not so useful for all, but at least we got a good test of what we were capable of making.

We present to you; the vMix WeatherApp

Includes:

- Lower third viewing the weather of selected area in the 4 next days
- Software to control both location, the lower third itself and the color of the lower third effect via a color picker

Please note that these are 2-storyboard animations with both in- and out-effects but out animations only work with vMix 12+

Please supply feature suggestions and other layouts for the templates as I am out of ideas.

The application was developed by my brother Sondre Njåstad, so a big shoutout to him. In addition we want to say that this is a project to support and expand the use of vMix, and that as a 3rd party software, do not contact the official vMix Team about this software.

He will lurk this tread as much as I will as "Sondrey", so any app-related questions will go to him

--DOWNLOAD LINK--
http://shop.njastad.com/...roduct&product_id=51

This would be another part of my "Pack of XAML Lower Thirds / Supers", which you can find here:
http://forums.vmix.com.a....aspx?g=posts&t=2138

Information about source-code and further development found below.

--DONATION LINK--
https://www.paypal.com/c..._button_id=VBKT28CRUAGTQ

Contact us via skype if there should be any questions:

App Dev.:
sondre_njaastad

XAML desginer:
havard_njastad

Cheers

Håvard & Sondre
thanks 6 users thanked Thremir for this useful post.
Sondrey on 4/25/2014(UTC), Damn2Good4U on 4/25/2014(UTC), TVIason on 4/26/2014(UTC), Adriankey4 on 4/26/2014(UTC), cbcal on 4/26/2014(UTC), ogry on 4/28/2014(UTC)
Damn2Good4U  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 25, 2014 10:05:58 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Thremir wrote:
Greetings vMixers!

Me and my brother really like to test the limit of things we are using, therefore we came up with this maybe not so useful for all, but at least we got a good test of what we were capable of making.

We present to you; the vMix WeatherApp

Includes:

- Lower third viewing the weather of selected area in the 4 next days
- Software to control both location, the lower third itself and the color of the lower third effect via a color picker

Please note that these are 2-storyboard animations with both in- and out-effects but out animations only work with vMix 12+

Please supply feature suggestions and other layouts for the templates as I am out of ideas.

The application was developed by my brother Sondre Njåstad, so a big shoutout to him. In addition we want to say that this is a project to support and expand the use of vMix, and that as a 3rd party software, do not contact the official vMix Team about this software.

He will lurk this tread as much as I will as "Sondrey", so any app-related questions will go to him

DOWNLOAD LINK:
http://www.njastad.com/cclick/click.php?id=14

This would be another part of my "Pack of XAML Lower Thirds / Supers", which you can find here:
http://forums.vmix.com.a....aspx?g=posts&t=2138

Have any ideas for us to make or is there something you need? Post it underneath or send us an PM!

Cheers

Håvard & Sondre

Fantastic idea, but is it possible to add the locations to the graphics as in the attached format...

UserPostedImage

Auto picking the location Name from the specified weather URL

ogry  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 28, 2014 6:04:34 AM(UTC)
ogry

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Please, please, please...

I wish you publish the source code, because it can greatly help other developers create exciting new additions.

I, without going too far, I could, basing in your code, create an add-in that would combine RSS feeds to provide information about traffic or headers of newspapers ...
coskel22  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 28, 2014 4:27:43 PM(UTC)
coskel22

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I just want to say this is awesome. I don't think I could ever use it, but I bet it will be really useful for others.
Sondrey  
#5 Posted : Monday, April 28, 2014 4:59:44 PM(UTC)
Sondrey

Man

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Yeah, I see how not so many are gonna use it, mostly people who run bigger shows with news and stuff, BUT if you know of anything like this that you need or could need in the future, tell us! We will try to make it for you, I was thinking of creating a pack of small applications like these. we can do anything from cooking recipes to news. The reason we started with vMix Weather is that we found a weather site that had a easy to read (XML RSS feed) and had lots of locations. If there is any sites like a news paper with an RSS feed. that could easily be programmed into an application like this.

We love vMix, and we want to see vMix grow, and help finding more uses for it, so if they need something to show the weather, there will be an option for it!

Glad you all liked it!

-Programmer Sondre Njåstad
thanks 1 user thanked Sondrey for this useful post.
ogry on 4/30/2014(UTC)
progresstv  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 30, 2014 5:52:10 AM(UTC)
progresstv

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
very nice but with ITAlIAN language set on my PC it gives out 15?C instead of 15°C
hassan yaghi  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 30, 2014 11:08:13 AM(UTC)
hassan yaghi

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
hello

thank you for your work , Im really glad that you made this , you were asking about if anyone needs something that you can include in your package .
here is some ideas that lot of use can use .
1- for the news ticker , we would like something like vmix social but instead of approving posts of twitter and facebook . you can add your own postes , to update news in the news ticker and to enable RTL languages in it also . so the users log to the http and add news and then it update the news in the news ticker . and each news separated by the channel logo as bbc news ticker also breaking news option and RTL language support . .

2- i dont know if we can add whatsapp engine to receive whatsapp messages directly to vmix .

3 - i saw your pack of the animated titles , is it possible to show me how you did it and on what software you wrote the xaml .

4- could you combine all your software's in one main software , instead of hanging my self in making the prefect full CG for vmix , and i`m not expert in c++ or VB .

3- I can Design your software with the best GUI interface for free , you just send me the info or a screen cap of all your software's combined and i will make the best GUI interface for it .

regards
Damn2Good4U  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 30, 2014 12:58:50 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

The guys are good... very good..

Spoke with them, and they are just college kids...

I would suggest we donate whatever we could afford to encourage their work and to help them in college... if Martin is in approval of it.

We all will benefit from this good will..

What do you think guys?

hassan yaghi  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, April 30, 2014 2:34:44 PM(UTC)
hassan yaghi

I totally approve what Damn2Good4U says .
i wonder how to contact those guys , mail?? phone ???

Damn2Good4U  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, April 30, 2014 3:25:45 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

hassan yaghi wrote:
I totally approve what Damn2Good4U says .
i wonder how to contact those guys , mail?? phone ???

Just PM them and they can send you their Paypal link
Thremir  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, April 30, 2014 4:59:58 PM(UTC)
Thremir

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Allright people!

Me and my brother have thought a good bit of how we are going to keep on doing this in the future, and we've come to a conclusion;

Our software applications will not get its source-code published so we will stand with the current only build of "vMix Weather" app, but there is more apps to come (which will not be open-source either, I'm afraid) and we'll try to do so on request when we've got the time.

The XAML bit of our work will not be made any tutorials or so for, due to us still trying to progress further into the subject (we aren't quite there yet), but anyone is free to just edit the XAML files however you want in your favorite WPF/Text editing software.

We've tried to make some sort of cooperation with the official vMix team with no luck and have come to this decision due to us getting people (big shout out to you guys!) who are willing to donate for the work we do and keeping us going. Therefore, we'd like to add a PayPal-donation link in all of our threads where all of you guys can support our work and keep us motivated.

--DONATION LINK--
https://www.paypal.com/c..._button_id=WCVLFT2JBKX3W

Contact us via skype if there should be any questions:

App Dev.:
sondre_njaastad

XAML desginer:
havard_njastad

Best Regards,

Håvard & Sondre
thanks 1 user thanked Thremir for this useful post.
sinc747 on 5/1/2014(UTC)
hassan yaghi  
#12 Posted : Friday, May 2, 2014 4:04:53 PM(UTC)
hassan yaghi

well , that's a bad news . really
instead of me hanging on this forum i could rent a developer to do all what i need in low cost and exclusive to my work .
developing something for public is not that easy , and its not that hard , there are many many companies out there who sell a full solutions for every bodies needs for low cost also
a playout software and a video switching software with integration with php, mysql and social media + skype and the good news now is that skype will lunch their new product
skype TX for media , and this software of skype will be great cause it has an output module and you can get many calls in 1 time and live to your switchers without using a desktop capture..

so things is getting faster today , and all our needs will be solved in a blink , all companies are developing thing for public now .

regards

Damn2Good4U  
#13 Posted : Friday, May 2, 2014 4:51:55 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

@hassan and other programmers what did you have to say to @Martins response here http://forums.vmix.com.a...osts&m=9276#post9276
Sondrey  
#14 Posted : Friday, May 2, 2014 5:07:36 PM(UTC)
Sondrey

Man

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Quote:
Damn2Good4U]@hassan and other programmers what did you have to say to @Martins response here http://forums.vmix.com.a...osts&m=9276#post9276

I see great potential for vMix and WebRTC, i'll look into it, and see how close we can get to using it in vMix

-Sondre
madness  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, May 6, 2014 9:31:25 AM(UTC)
madness

Man

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Very nice!
dustink568  
#16 Posted : Monday, December 22, 2014 6:24:59 AM(UTC)
dustink568

Man

Any chance you could add a Time and Temperature Bug for any location? It would be nice to have live temperature to pop-up in the corner of the screen or lower third. I am willing to even pay for someone to make this for me. Im not good with programming or XAML or anything like that.

thanks

Dustin
wtmuradiotv  
#17 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2015 1:37:58 PM(UTC)
wtmuradiotv

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Only problem is its not in american so there for its no use to us here in the usa ! Now if someone could do it here that would be great along with maybe a live temp too
wtmuradiotv  
#18 Posted : Thursday, August 13, 2015 9:27:53 PM(UTC)
wtmuradiotv

Man
United States

Would be nice if someone would get this to work in the usa we go by fahrenheit here in this country
IceStream  
#19 Posted : Friday, August 14, 2015 2:18:37 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ wtmuradiotv

Although not as convenient and "automatic" you can manually adjust the temperatures to Fahrenheit in the 'Title Editor'.
Unfortunately, as near as I can tell, the Norwegian web site that the app is designed to draw from only provides Celsius temperatures, so you will need a conversion chart to update manually [or use this formula F=(C*1.8)+32].

Ice
wtmuradiotv  
#20 Posted : Saturday, August 15, 2015 6:36:13 PM(UTC)
wtmuradiotv

Man
United States

IceStream wrote:
@ wtmuradiotv

Although not as convenient and "automatic" you can manually adjust the temperatures to Fahrenheit in the 'Title Editor'.
Unfortunately, as near as I can tell, the Norwegian web site that the app is designed to draw from only provides Celsius temperatures, so you will need a conversion chart to update manually [or use this formula F=(C*1.8)+32].

Ice

Its too bad though would be great if someone would come up with the code to do this