logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Thremir  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 19, 2014 9:06:35 AM(UTC)
Thremir

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Hello everyone!

Just gotta say that I love vMix and everything about it, it works almost any way I want it to, but there have been some issues that I haven't been as satisfyed with lately, but chances are big I just don't know how to use everything correctly :)

Issue #1: VirtualSets

I've seen into VirtualSets and the awesome zoom that comes with it, but I want to create a stinger/transistion using it.
I know that it's made to create virtual sets, but it's the only way that I've been able to mix different inputs the way I want with the inputs themselves.

So what I want to do is this;

What I do in vMix:

Have source A active, then fade to virtual set with A as background and B as overlay, switch to "transistion" zoom and then quickplay to input B

With the current code I am using:

Quote:

<virtualSet>
<input name="Background" x="0" y="0" zoom="1" dynamic="true">background.png</input>
<input name="InputB" x="-0.50" y="0.50" zoom="0.50" dynamic="true">a.png</input>
<zoom name="Transistion" x="1" y="-1" zoom="2" duration="00:01"/>
<zoom name="Full" x="0" y="0" zoom="1" />
</virtualSet>

The only problem is that VirtualSet does not have a transparent background and stretches input a too. The easiest way for me would be to be able to use the overlay channels for this, making most transistions between inputs easy to do.

Issue #1.1: CreepZoom (aka Ken Burns Effect)

I would not ask for such a if it hadn't already been done before, but I'd like to have an easy way to access the creepzoom as if I were to make a VirtualSet with a very small, and eased zoom that is not linear. Is this possible to implement or have I been overseeing some functions?

Issue #1.2: API Controlled VirtualSets/Creep Zoom

Issue #2: XAML Countdowns:

Lately I've been toying around in Expression Blend VS2012 and 4, but no luck getting a good countdown timer like the one that is implemented in titles in vMix. I've been able to implement clocks thanks to Martin replying to some other threads in this forum, but still no countdowns.

Any help is appreciated! :)

- Thremir