logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

15 Pages«<7891011>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
admin  
#161 Posted : Wednesday, March 12, 2014 10:55:30 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4162 time(s) in 1495 post(s)
Just thought I would add no major API changes in 12 and it appears to work fine with the version I tested here:

http://forums.vmix.com.a...osts&m=7543#post7543
Damn2Good4U  
#162 Posted : Thursday, March 13, 2014 12:29:04 AM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Is there a way to bring in the vMix scheduler into the vMix as an input instead of coming up automatically and using 2 inputs while switching between videos.

Like @donvago suggested, an ability to add logo/station bug as well as a custom lower 3rd to show what's playing now 5 or 10 secs into the video and what's coming next 10 secs before the current showing video ends... Using the video title e.g. Michael Jackson - Bad will appears on the lower 3rd as

Michael Jackson
Bad

The system should recognise the first line before the hyphen as the title and the rest after the hyphen as the sub or description.

I know @Martin is busy, but he should pls look into incorporation this as a ad don just like desktop capture into vMix...

Thanks...
macjaeger  
#163 Posted : Thursday, March 13, 2014 11:49:22 AM(UTC)
macjaeger

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Problem with logos or lower thirds is that i believe it's not possible to enable/disable an overlay through api-calls, or to change a title text. On the other hand: if there was an api, it would be rather easy to implement...
Henny  
#164 Posted : Thursday, March 13, 2014 4:03:01 PM(UTC)
Henny

Man

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 20 post(s)
you can control the overlay channels from the api

/api/?function=OverlayInput1&Input=1 (works as a toggle)

and as for changing text

/api/?Function=SetText&Input=1&SelectedIndex=0&Value=hello

macjaeger  
#165 Posted : Thursday, March 13, 2014 5:51:30 PM(UTC)
macjaeger

Ok, fine! Then it should be not that hard to implement the features asked for. Yet if you want me to do it, i can't do it before april, my schedule is more than full atm.
Damn2Good4U  
#166 Posted : Thursday, March 13, 2014 9:59:49 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

macjaeger wrote:
Ok, fine! Then it should be not that hard to implement the features asked for. Yet if you want me to do it, i can't do it before april, my schedule is more than full atm.

I guess this is a good news, could @AMP2TV help have a look at this then?

God bless you guys....
macjaeger  
#167 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2014 6:58:26 PM(UTC)
macjaeger

Well the work to do is...
a) create gui elements in manager
b) define additions to the xml file
c) implement read/write from/to xml file
d) define events and micro-events in controller
e) implement event and micro-event code
f) implement translation to api-calls
g) testing
One can do this either on my code base or an AMP2TV's code.
donvago  
#168 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2014 3:35:10 PM(UTC)
donvago

macjaeger wrote:
Well the work to do is...
a) create gui elements in manager
b) define additions to the xml file
c) implement read/write from/to xml file
d) define events and micro-events in controller
e) implement event and micro-event code
f) implement translation to api-calls
g) testing
One can do this either on my code base or an AMP2TV's code.

I wish I had knowledge of visual basic programming and AMP2TV mcjeager like you to lend a hand with the code vMixscheduler, but the most you do is come in and make lower thirds in expression blend :( , I hope someone who appears to blaming anime a hand.
macjaeger  
#169 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2014 3:49:59 PM(UTC)
macjaeger

I don't even understand what you are talking about. Yet two comments: a) vMixScheduler is coded in c#, which is a totally different beast than visual basic; and b) i may find time to code the changes to schedule logo and lower third (or any other title) overlays, but not before april, as i won't have any spare time left until my easter vacations.
donvago  
#170 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2014 4:54:48 PM(UTC)
donvago

macjaeger wrote:
I don't even understand what you are talking about. Yet two comments: a) vMixScheduler is coded in c#, which is a totally different beast than visual basic; and b) i may find time to code the changes to schedule logo and lower third (or any other title) overlays, but not before april, as i won't have any spare time left until my easter vacations.

it shows my total ignorance of programming xD. I think the improvements are worth it to wait for you to have some time to do. I again apologize for my bad English I'm from Venezuela.
LG  
#171 Posted : Monday, March 17, 2014 6:08:59 AM(UTC)
LG

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
already asked this but a LOOP function in this app would be great
so set it like "goto begin" or something like that so you can play 24x7 video from vmix and shedule things at times ( like commercial or something like that )
madness  
#172 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2014 9:24:22 PM(UTC)
madness

Man

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 29 post(s)
I've been putting together an API function list for those interested.

The functions in red appear to be newer additions, I assume v12 updates, but not certain.
Those with a yellow fill or red text have not been completely verified.

https://docs.google.com/...JWldyVGc&usp=sharing

I welcome any suggestions in making this a better list.
wendelin  
#173 Posted : Tuesday, March 25, 2014 4:37:15 AM(UTC)
wendelin

Hallo,

scheduler perhaps helps me to stay with vMix, because we need such a application (and it´s even for free) :-)

But we have some Questions:

1) VScheduler communicates via web interface on the same computer with vmix. Is it possible to redirect vscheduler to an other ip address to manage vmix over internet or local network?

2) Is it possible to automatic load schedules on certain dates, maybe 00:00:00 each day? so listst could be prepared and are not that long.

But even if these things are not possible, it´s a very good application.

Regards and respect
Damn2Good4U  
#174 Posted : Wednesday, March 26, 2014 12:20:24 AM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

atpt wrote:
What is the Link for the last version?

Hi,

Here is the link to the last version http://forums.vmix.com.a...=posts&t=999&p=8

AMP2TV  
#175 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2014 7:44:32 PM(UTC)
AMP2TV

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi everyone, long time no see!

We've made some changes in the last three months to our setup, and as such are no longer using vScheduler for our programming. That being said, the last version (from us) is still available along with its source code on GitHub.

Download vScheduler (AMP's version)
Download Source Code
---
Download vMixScheduler (MacJaegar's version)
Download Source Code

My tests have found vScheduler works well with vMix 12, as confirmed by Martin. I'll address a few questions that have been asked as well:

1) VScheduler communicates via web interface on the same computer with vmix. Is it possible to redirect vscheduler to an other ip address to manage vmix over internet or local network?
a. It is 100% possible, just not with vScheduler or vMixScheduler. They are both hard coded to look at localhost, however this can be changed in the code.

2) Is it possible to automatic load schedules on certain dates, maybe 00:00:00 each day? so listst could be prepared and are not that long.
a. No, during our usage however we didn't have a need for this. This is not a function currently in either program, but could be added. Days can be scheduled ahead of time however.
Damn2Good4U  
#176 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2014 9:17:04 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

Hi everyone, long time no see!

We've made some changes in the last three months to our setup, and as such are no longer using vScheduler for our programming. That being said, the last version (from us) is still available along with its source code on GitHub.

Download vScheduler (AMP's version)
Download Source Code
---
Download vMixScheduler (MacJaegar's version)
Download Source Code

My tests have found vScheduler works well with vMix 12, as confirmed by Martin. I'll address a few questions that have been asked as well:

a. It is 100% possible, just not with vScheduler or vMixScheduler. They are both hard coded to look at localhost, however this can be changed.
AMP2TV wrote:

a. No, during our usage however we didn't have a need for this. This is not a function currently in either program, but could be added.

Yes its possible, I have my daily programme scheduled from 00:00:00 each day to 23:59:59 or above.. and the next day schedule will cut off the last video as soon as its about to start by 12 mid night.

I have tried it, and i am currenly using it... though i am testing BroadcastPlay along side with vMix and the BroadcastPlay developer is making some changes to the software to work/integrate more perfectly with vMix.
AMP2TV  
#177 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2014 9:33:29 PM(UTC)
AMP2TV

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Damn2Good4U wrote:
AMP2TV wrote:

a. No, during our usage however we didn't have a need for this. This is not a function currently in either program, but could be added.

Yes its possible, I have my daily programme scheduled from 00:00:00 each day to 23:59:59 or above.. and the next day schedule will cut off the last video as soon as its about to start by 12 mid night.

I have tried it, and i am currenly using it... though i am testing BroadcastPlay along side with vMix and the BroadcastPlay developer is making some changes to the software to work/integrate more perfectly with vMix.

To clarify: This is correct, you can schedule days in advance, but not load entire schedules automatically on certain days. vScheduler simply plays what is scheduled whenever that happens to be.
Damn2Good4U  
#178 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2014 10:29:41 PM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

AMP2TV wrote:
Damn2Good4U wrote:
AMP2TV wrote:

To clarify: This is correct, you can schedule days in advance, but not load entire schedules automatically on certain days. vScheduler simply plays what is scheduled whenever that happens to be.

In the actual sense, I do attimes load like 5 days straight up... at the moment I did have it scheduled up to the 29th of March.. which was done on Tuesday..
dynamitemedia  
#179 Posted : Saturday, April 26, 2014 1:30:15 AM(UTC)
dynamitemedia

is there a way via a bat file or maybe windows task manager via command line to automate the loading of the xml files?
coskel22  
#180 Posted : Sunday, April 27, 2014 8:26:32 AM(UTC)
coskel22

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You may have just saved my life!

:)
off to download and test

UPDATE: love this. I did a quick test and it played out perfectly in 12.0.0.129
Is there a way to load RTMP streams into the scheduler?