logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
productionsoomf  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 29, 2015 2:39:41 PM(UTC)
productionsoomf

Groups: Registered
Man
Canada

Hi,

Wondering if I am missing something concerning the behaviour of playlists. In my tests, I can't find a way to get the playlists to restart at the beginning of the list. Once a playlist has played through, if I cut to something else and restart the playlist, it only starts playing the last file of the list and I actually have to "rewind" manually in the preview window if I want it to start from the top again. I have tried triggers of different sorts but I can't seem to make it work. Anyone knows if it is possible? We are working on a live event where we have a couple of commercial breaks made of 3-4 videos each that we want to have always standing by, ready to play from the top.

Best regards,

Joël
Bardos  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 29, 2015 7:41:47 PM(UTC)
Bardos

Groups: Guests
Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I do not know of a quick way as yet, will have to do some more experimenting, but what I do is to 'Right Click on the 'Play List', and tick the first entry, plus I made a shortcut to cycle through the list, so when in Preview, I can quickly cycle foward or backward to find any clip I want, and then commit it to the output......
IceStream  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 29, 2015 9:56:30 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ productionsoomf

Unfortunately Joel, AFAIK there is no setting that will 'automatically' re-cue to the first video in your list (perhaps a feature request is in order here)...
But as Bardos indicates, there are some 'Shortcuts' you can use to get there if you don't want to use the mouse.
('PreviousItem' works, 'PreviousPlayListEntry' does not, at least for me)

Ice

Bardos  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 29, 2015 11:28:07 PM(UTC)
Bardos

Groups: Guests
Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Yup, it does not work for me either....what it does though, if you open 'Play List using the cog, you can add items there, and it works with that setup, but not if you load a List from the Add input setup.....But it only works in the Preview, not while playing......I am using the Right and Left Arrow Keys to cycle my inputs....works so smooth.....
productionsoomf  
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 30, 2015 5:08:59 PM(UTC)
productionsoomf

Man
Canada

Ok, I see. Thanks a lot guys for the quick replies!

Joel
tfmeier  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2015 9:32:53 AM(UTC)
tfmeier

Bardos wrote:
Yup, it does not work for me either....what it does though, if you open 'Play List using the cog, you can add items there, and it works with that setup, but not if you load a List from the Add input setup.....But it only works in the Preview, not while playing......I am using the Right and Left Arrow Keys to cycle my inputs....works so smooth.....

"cycle my inputs" refers to scrolling through entries in a list or changing actual inputs? I'm trying to create a setup with a number of videos running in a playlist with the gorgeous transitions. Runs on auto with the occasional audio hook or overlay activated from the web interface (using the vMix laptop) close to the AVR in a central room so I'm kinda dependent on the web interface to control the playback).

Where it gets interesting is when someone requests a particular video I have at which time I may have to hit the laptop with vMix and do "something". What options do I have here?