logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mustangnaz  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 22, 2014 1:05:42 PM(UTC)
mustangnaz

Groups: Registered

Hello, I am wanting to find an ip camera that will work with VMIX.

Prefer 1080 over 720/sd

Good Picture in low light.

Need to find a camera with a line in jack so i can run the audio from the sound board.

Can be a fixed angle.

Any suggestions.

We are wanting to place 1 camera in the small sanctuary, and 1 in a meeting room. Distance is maybe 30 feet.

Thanks
Paul Wood
Mustang Church of the Nazarene

davesuemcbride  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 22, 2014 3:03:39 PM(UTC)
davesuemcbride

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I used a couple of Ubiquiti AirCam's about six months ago, but it was 720 with pretty bad image quality, and no audio for your usage anyway. Inexpensive (<US$100) and easy to set up though, and worked perfect through vMix RTSP input, encoding to h.264 at 30 fps. May be worth monitoring the Ubiquity website (ubnt.com) to see if a new version ever comes out - except for image quality it is/was viable.

I've also seen but not tried imported 1080 ip board cams on eBay - may be fun to experiment with, and allows you to house / integrate any way you want.

Interested in other responses - I've spent some hours looking for a good IP cam but haven't canvassed for about 9 months.
davesuemcbride  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 22, 2014 3:08:14 PM(UTC)
davesuemcbride

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Another note - may be worth looking for cameras with an external mic input - that way the audio would be sync'd and encoded along with video, and you could place the mic in a more optimal location. Basically reversing the audio flow you mentioned.
thepelell  
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 27, 2014 3:52:58 PM(UTC)
thepelell

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
i use regularly Vivotek, Axis and Grandstream cams. The models i have are 720, but i'm sure you won't have trouble with 1080 models. Don't have any feedback for low light because always use them in daylight.
Calvinthesneak  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 7, 2015 5:36:11 PM(UTC)
Calvinthesneak

I've been using various Axis cameras now for a couple years. This past spring we installed some Axis Q1614 http://www.axis.com/products/cam_q1614/index.htm cameras that are covering quick movement in low light settings. The image quality is fantastic. However as with all Axis cameras, don't expect them to be cheap, they are professional grade cameras and probably come with a professional grade price. You may be able to get other products that suit your needs, for a lot less money.