logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
FAndreas  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 29, 2014 1:07:33 PM(UTC)
FAndreas

Groups: Registered
Man

Hello streaming professionals,

I built a Computer with three Blackmagic Decklink Mini Recorders for HDMI/SDI inputs and a
ASUS GTX750 nVidia graphics card. All based on a ASUS Z87-EXPERT (C2) mainboard, which is on the Blackmagic design HCL. Core i7, 16 GB RAM, Windows 7 x64, vMix 14.

I cannot run all three Mini Recorders at the same time in this pc. I tried all different PCIe combinations, driver reinstallations, driver downgrades, etc. I spent so much hours but had no luck with this. PC runs in BSOD with pagelock or looses signal on Mini Recorders sporadically.

With two Mini Recorders all is fine. I also used a Intensity Shuttle USB3 with two Mini Recorders at the same time, this works also fine but is no solution for me because I need SDI and have no more money for more converters.

Problem is, that I need this Computer with it's three inputs next weekend... :(

Has anyone of you three BMD Mini Recorders in use? If yes, can you please tell me which mainboard you use? I think my mainboard is the problem??

Thank you!
Regards,
Andreas.
Ittaidv  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 29, 2014 8:31:25 PM(UTC)
Ittaidv

Man
Belgium

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 75 post(s)
What I7 processor?
lbgaus  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 29, 2014 10:31:29 PM(UTC)
lbgaus

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Not sure this will fix your specific problem, but I was having paging BSODs on my system (2x DeckLink Quad - 8 SDI inputs) and fixed them by turning off all power-management features in BIOS (CPU C States, PCIe power mgmt, etc...).

Hope this helps.
FAndreas  
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 30, 2014 6:47:23 AM(UTC)
FAndreas

Man

CPU is Intel Core i7-4770.

lbgaus, do you have an Asus board?

Maybe power management really could be the reason? Windows recognizes all three adapters, but I saw that somestimes if I plugged out a camera and back in then I only got a black screen and didn't get back my live camer feed. Also after a while the picture of an input became noisy and has stoped. I cannot test it right now because the PC is in office... :(

Any other suggestions?

Like I said, I would also appreciate a board recommendation for socket 1150 if anyone had success with three mini recorders running on that board.
FAndreas  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 1, 2014 1:01:26 PM(UTC)
FAndreas

Man

Maybe it will help someone else...
I tested in a PC with MSI Z77A-G43 Mainboard (socket 1155) three Mini Recorders in the first three PCIe Slots (x1, x16, x1) and a nVidia GPU in last x16 slot and it worked. No Bluescreens or problems with capturing simultaneously from all three adapters with driver 10.2.1. in vMix.

Problem is, that board is socket 1155 and not socket 1150. So I would have to buy a new CPU as well... :(
FAndreas  
#6 Posted : Friday, December 5, 2014 4:40:53 AM(UTC)
FAndreas

Man

Finally I think I got it running with disabling any power saving functions in BIOS (ASPM, C-States, Bios set to max. performance). I also set Windows energy saving options to high performance.
Cards are in first x1, third x1 and secons x16 slots on that board. On first x16 is the GPU.
No more problems in a test over many hours.

Regards,
Andreas