logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
imagebotique  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 22, 2014 7:48:43 PM(UTC)
imagebotique

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
When broadcasting football games there is a instance where we play a audio-only pregame interview with the head coach. We keep camera 1 live as the video output and play the audio clip as overlay 4. My announcers are not able to see when the time remaining for the audio clip. Any thoughts on how to improve this scenario?
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 23, 2014 12:07:32 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ imagebotique

What can they see and/or hear?
Seems to me you need a visual cue of some sort, whether that be a floor director or an on-screen indicator if they can see the output screen.
Perhaps having a picture of the coach or lower third saying "voice of..." on screen while being interviewed and off once completed will work.

Ice
imagebotique  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 23, 2014 1:10:51 PM(UTC)
imagebotique

Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thanks IceStream

What they can currently see (as they sit in the press box right next to me) is Camera 1 live on the output monitor and for audio they are using Sennheiser single ear headsets with a boom mic and I have them set up to hear each other in the 1 ear using a Persons Audio Box. Currently I listen to the pregame recording which is anywhere from 5 to 8 minutes and give them verbal cues as to where we are in the audio.I would like to have the visual similar to when a pre-recorded clip is playing in the output monitor which provides elapsed time and remaining time. I just don't get that in this scenario since I have audio only and sent it to overlay 4
IceStream  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 25, 2014 11:30:46 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ imagebotique

What if you add Camera 1 as a Multiview overlay to your audio input and use that as your "live" output, your audio track will then have it's countdown displayed under the Program screen. (I am assuming your audio recording is an mp3 or wav file on your computer and not an audio input from another device).

Ice