logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages<12345>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Len56  
#41 Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2014 10:43:09 AM(UTC)
Len56

Groups: Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Martin, I don't know what is going on here but when I go to download the latest version of vMix 14.0.0.93 I am getting a McAfee warning see below:
Len56 attached the following image(s):
warning.jpg (46kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
admin  
#42 Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2014 10:45:12 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4161 time(s) in 1494 post(s)
Nothing to worry about. Just the virus scanner being overzealous about a file it hasn't seen before.
Len56  
#43 Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2014 10:52:34 AM(UTC)
Len56

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 23 post(s)
admin wrote:
Nothing to worry about. Just the virus scanner being overzealous about a file it hasn't seen before.

Wow that was quick, thanks Martin.

Buy the way have you herd that Mark and Vance at StudioTech TV are closing down for a while, they cannot carry on as they are due to lack of money to keep the show going each week so they are thinking of re-hashing the show to maybe once a month.
admin  
#44 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2014 10:14:31 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

A small update to vMix 14 (14.0.0.95) has been posted on the web site.

Fixed a missing codec issue on a blank Windows 8.1 installation.
Installer now also includes the free MagicYUV codec, which is a great lossless codec supporting up to 4K!
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
pasingshot on 10/25/2014(UTC)
avcomguy  
#45 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2014 5:01:49 AM(UTC)
avcomguy

Man
Ireland

Hi Martin,

Curious about the way that vMix now sets deinterlace automatically.
We generally set to 'Bob' - it seems to give us the best results.
However - it doesn't (seem to) appear - even as an option anymore, or have I missed it somewhere ?

Am happy to consider alternative solutions to achieve the same result - as it is, we just reverted to ver 13.

Thanks,

Pete
h2video.nl  
#46 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2014 7:09:17 AM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Man

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 39 post(s)
Hi Martin,

Using 14-v95 - latest (just updated this morning...)

there's a bug in the audio output BUS settings: if I switch bus A on I have to control the level with the slider of bus B and vice versa....

I output the channels L+R of the vmix audio mixer to A and B busses and then only output bus A to the HDMI output of the second screen and input this in a BM shuttle connected to an apple with FMLE running. But I noticed in FMLA the A channel is called 2.. (and vice versa...)

Cost me a lot of head ache to figure this out, since I only want to use one channel (A) but didn't know what was wrong....

Could you have a look at this and while your at it; is it possible to select which channel of vmix audio to output to rec and stream separately with an option to mono mix one channel to both channels (although in FMLE I can do that as well - set it to mono it will output one channel to both as mono.

This way I can select what channel to use in a stream.

Stefan
admin  
#47 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2014 7:17:15 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

avcomguy wrote:
Hi Martin,

Curious about the way that vMix now sets deinterlace automatically.
We generally set to 'Bob' - it seems to give us the best results.
However - it doesn't (seem to) appear - even as an option anymore, or have I missed it somewhere ?

Am happy to consider alternative solutions to achieve the same result - as it is, we just reverted to ver 13.

Thanks,

Pete

Hi Pete,

It's all automatic now in vMix 14, so you don't have to worry about it.
If you set the output frame rate in vMix to 50p or 59.94p as you did before and add a camera with 59.94i etc it will use bob deinterlacing.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
admin  
#48 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2014 7:20:27 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

h2video.nl wrote:
Hi Martin,

Using 14-v95 - latest (just updated this morning...)

there's a bug in the audio output BUS settings: if I switch bus A on I have to control the level with the slider of bus B and vice versa....

I output the channels L+R of the vmix audio mixer to A and B busses and then only output bus A to the HDMI output of the second screen and input this in a BM shuttle connected to an apple with FMLE running. But I noticed in FMLA the A channel is called 2.. (and vice versa...)

Cost me a lot of head ache to figure this out, since I only want to use one channel (A) but didn't know what was wrong....

Could you have a look at this and while your at it; is it possible to select which channel of vmix audio to output to rec and stream separately with an option to mono mix one channel to both channels (although in FMLE I can do that as well - set it to mono it will output one channel to both as mono.

This way I can select what channel to use in a stream.

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Could you provide some more information about what you mean, I am a bit confused sorry.
I just tested and the Bus A mixer correctly controls what has been set to Bus A in the vMix Settings -> Audio Outputs
Bus B also controls the correct output, so maybe there is an incorrect setting somewhere?

Regards,

Martin
richardgatarski  
#49 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2014 7:37:19 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
I think I have found a bug (14.00.86) that is related to the number of Displays that can be used (edition related). This causes a minor problem for me, as has been discussed in Fullscreen sort of disables Windows 8.1 taskbar (if hidden).

The trial version of vMix offers two Displays (Settings/Display). If a setting is made in the trial version, the .config somehow remembers that even when vMix is changed to paid to an edition that only allows one Display. True, the Settings/Display then only offer a setting for one Display. But the Fullscreen drop down button somehow thinks there are two.

My problem is that if I setup for one Display, and configures a monitor for it, clicking on Fullscreen sort of turn two Displays on, of which one is hidden behind vMix - and disables mouse-over the Windows taskbar.

Of course I can set settings to Default, and recreate all settings. (A tedious task on all of our machines). I've tried to look in the .config if i could manually change something, but have not found what.

In any case, I believe the current behavior might cause problems for others too. Given that trying with the trial first, and then purchase is a common behavior.

h2video.nl  
#50 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2014 6:30:52 AM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Man

Hi Martin,

What I am trying to do is currently not possible since the master is the main input for the recording and streaming and I need that.

What I did - and this is a better solution: I grabbed the output (screen-2 or external - does not matter) with both channel A and B and input that into a second Vmix machine. There I pan to channel A for only that channel and I use this machine to stream out.

It actually works better than to input it in fmle directly on a second machine because Vmix is more efficient in downscaling the input (from 1080p tot 720p) and I have more control. So I will do it like this.

Currently doing some burn in tests because I have some minor issues with buffers and latency occurring on the stream. (See my next post about some minor issues with WMV streaming...)

So thanks for the advice and if you find time, please incorporate a left right mixer on the outputs (streaming and recording) so these can be controlled separately.

stefan
h2video.nl  
#51 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2014 6:41:31 AM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Man

A few minor issues on WMV streaming.

My client wants to have a live-stream out (Internet) AND a separate internal stream (intranet). So I want to use the WMV streaming option.

This works great but I have encountered some minor annoying issues - bugs:

1. when changing a setting in WMV streaming box for a second time - you get a warning that this can not be done. To solve it you have to go to one of the other recording settings change and save something and go back to WMV streaming settings: then you can change settings again.

2. the settings under WMV and WMV streaming are the same: if you change one the other will change as well.

3. when stopping a WMV stream and starting again a message comes up that the port is already occupied. But it is not! You have to restart VMIX to be able to start streaming again. Very annoying...

4. I ran into some latency issues using higher resolution and stream rates. Maybe something to do with a buffer running full. Now testing on 720p 2Mbps WMV1 and this seems OK and acceptable quality.

5. the incoming audio was dropped a few times, maybe also to do with the buffer / latency issue...

PS wmv streaming is great in venues where it can be used to stream to a green room or other location where there is access to the same network.
Stefan
admin  
#52 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2014 7:50:42 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi Stefan,

There are a few limitations with WMV streaming that unfortunately vMix has no control over so keep them in mind.

* WMV Streaming is not designed to be low latency, it will be somewhere between 5 and 30 seconds in most cases.

* WMV will hold on to the network port a bit longer than vMix expects, causing an error message when re-configuring.
This shouldn't cause too many problems once you work out the settings you want to use, as once they are in place you can start and stop the recording
a number of times without seeing any errors

* WMV and WMV Streaming are two sides of the same coin, one configures WMV to stream, the other configures saving to file, so the
configuration settings are always the same for both.

Also, keep an eye on the CPU usage if you are seeing buffering as its possible the PC is not able to keep up with the selected format.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
admin  
#53 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2014 1:30:25 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

A small update to vMix 14 (14.0.0.97) has been uploaded to the web site

Changes:

* Fixed Fullscreen 2 issue when downgrading back to vMix HD
* AVI codecs now sorted alphabetically
* Added support for Grass Valley HQX codec which is now free to download:
http://www.grassvalley.com/products/hqx_codec

HQX is a good alternative to CineForm now that the free codec can no longer be used for encoding.

Bardos  
#54 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2014 8:31:42 AM(UTC)
Bardos

Groups: Guests
Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Great codec....I use Edius, so that makes it better for me......
richardgatarski  
#55 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2014 2:25:37 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Martin,
In the release notes for v14 you wrote "Updated folder browse dialog for inputs such as Photos". This is for sure nice, but I desperately (well, sort of) would like to have something that made it easier to manage multiple vMix productions.

I guess that many vMix users work in a studio, or at some facility (eg a church) to produce one production. But we, and probably many more, do all kinds of different productions for various customers. In other words, we are project based. And each project needs to be prepared, executed, and archived.

While preparing we can typically build from an old project. For example, always having an Input with an image (eg start.png) which is simply replaced with a different image for the new customer. Or, a title Input that just needs a different xaml (and related background graphic).

Afterwards we need to archive all the settings, files, recordings, etc used. Sometimes to be used for another project with the same customer. Sometimes to fix something that went wrong, very rarely ;)

One big obstacle for us is that we cannot just simply copy and old project folder and replace the various file content, because vMix uses absolute file addressing. I just tried to edit a
"c:\vmix projects\project01\test.vmix" file and replace for example "c:\vMix projects\project01\images\start.png" with "images\start.png". Did not work. If it had, I could just copy the content of the project01 folder to a project02 folder and replace the content of the files used.

True, in theory it is possible to Change the Input and point to the new file. Actually, that is how we currently do it. But trust me, in practice it is a tedious process and errors easily happen. Like when everyting looks good in vMix during preparation. But, someone forgot to actually Change from an old image file to the new one. And, on the day of the production all the graphic files are missing. Simply because the original project folder has been moved to an archive.

Some of us have discussed this, and similar issues (eg Relative path for inputs, or a Working directory).

If possible, please share your thoughts on this matter.

Thanks.
richardgatarski  
#56 Posted : Thursday, October 30, 2014 9:17:52 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

The ShortCut help reference for SetImage reads "Change image in title according to Filename in Value parameter. SelectedIndex or SelectedName can be used to select image field". This works very nice for API calls via http.

But, when setting up a ShortCut for SetImage only the text elements are selectable in the "Title" drop down menu. Nothing for images defined in the XAML. (This might be a bug that calls the similar SetText function).

Also, to correspond with the Help reference, please consider replacing "Title" in the ShortCut settings window with "SelectedName". (It took me a while to figure out what "Title" was).

Thanks.

admin  
#57 Posted : Thursday, October 30, 2014 9:53:20 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi Richard,

The relative paths request is noted, the implementation side of things is a bit tricky so it isn't high on the list at the moment.
It might be rolled into some advanced preset options such as saving the global settings files with the preset etc.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

richardgatarski on 10/30/2014(UTC)
admin  
#58 Posted : Saturday, November 8, 2014 7:48:55 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

An update to vMix 14 (14.0.0.101) has been uploaded to the web site

Changes:

* Added 4K HDMI support to the AJA Io 4K
* Added Up/Down buttons to move entries in PlayList
* Fixed double speed playback when playing Ticker after editing
* Added SelectTitlePreset, NextTitlePreset and PreviousTitlePreset shortcuts
* Automatically detects and applies correct YUV black/white levels

thanks 2 users thanked admin for this useful post.
g-mo on 11/9/2014(UTC), PFBM on 11/10/2014(UTC)
PFBM  
#59 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2014 7:00:32 AM(UTC)
PFBM

Man

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 30 post(s)
admin wrote:
An update to vMix 14 (14.0.0.101) has been uploaded to the web site

Changes:

* Added 4K HDMI support to the AJA Io 4K
* Added Up/Down buttons to move entries in PlayList
* Fixed double speed playback when playing Ticker after editing
* Added SelectTitlePreset, NextTitlePreset and PreviousTitlePreset shortcuts
* Automatically detects and applies correct YUV black/white levels

Hi Martin, the problem almost back again....
it disables the deinterlace processing of magewell HDMI quad card, once again.... :(
you have to manualy activate it and save new preset.
the preset opens correctly , this time the deinterlace on the Magewell card is still on.

another problem:
Was streaming live with the internal FFMPEG encoder... had ISP problems... crashed Vmix.....
lost the recording avi file.... will try to recover it....

Please fix it on 14.0.0.102 version :)

Best regards,

PFBM

admin  
#60 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2014 10:13:17 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

EDIT: Revised to make things easier to understand.

Magewell Deinterlacing
From Add Input -> Camera
1. When using an interlaced frame rate, such as 59.94i, vMix will disable the interlacing on Magewell cards.
2. When using a progressive frame rate, vMix will leave the Magewell card with its default settings.
Note: If you have selected interlaced for the camera in the past, it may still have its deinterlacing disabled,
to enable it again, go into Input Settings, Advanced, select the Magewell device and adjust the properties there.

It should be stressed that using the Magewell deinterlacing is not recommended, and there is no advantage
to doing so besides being able to use the sharpen effect in Input Settings.

Streaming Crash
Unfortunately I will need detailed information to diagnose this issue, including
error message and the hardware setup on the system. Note that FFMPEG streaming like FMLE is completely isolated
from vMix, any crash in FFMPEG will take down the stream only and it can be started up again straight away by clicking the stream button.

AVI Recovery
It may be possible to recover the AVI file depending on the codec used.
I have an experimental utility I am working on, email info@vmix.com.au to try it out.
It is recommended that the "New file every" feature is used with AVI recordings, it is seamless in vMix 14.

PFBM on 11/11/2014(UTC)