logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pasingshot  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 30, 2014 6:42:31 AM(UTC)
pasingshot

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi all, I have a question with the use of buses A and B, when I set the A bus on vMix I give the value 3-4, I guess it will be different channels of audio, but when I try to use the bus in other applications such as skype me not on the skype sound settings the ability to select the "a bus" as audio input. It is possible to do? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!
admin  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 30, 2014 8:10:11 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4157 time(s) in 1494 post(s)
To send one of the audio buses to a separate application, Virtual Audio Cable will need to be installed.
http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.htm

It provides one or more virtual devices, so you can select Line 1 as Bus A in vMix and select Line 1 as a microphone in Skype and vice versa.
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
pasingshot on 7/30/2014(UTC)
Len56  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 30, 2014 9:12:26 AM(UTC)
Len56

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 23 post(s)
pasingshot wrote:
Hi all, I have a question with the use of buses A and B, when I set the A bus on vMix I give the value 3-4, I guess it will be different channels of audio, but when I try to use the bus in other applications such as skype me not on the skype sound settings the ability to select the "a bus" as audio input. It is possible to do? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

What audio card have you got? I have a Behringer X32 Producer Mixer it has its own USB audio card built in and the way I get the outputs to work is I have to go into the Sound Control Panel and click on the Configure button in the playback window and change the configuration to 5.1, 6.1 or 7.1 this then gives me 6 or 8 outputs, then I load vMix and then configure the audio in the settings for Master A and B.

If you have a 5.1, 6.1 or 7.1 card you should be able to come out of the separate outputs of the card back into the Skype computers.
thanks 1 user thanked Len56 for this useful post.
pasingshot on 7/30/2014(UTC)
pasingshot  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 30, 2014 11:17:27 AM(UTC)
pasingshot

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Thanks! knew something was missing, the testing I'm doing with a laptop that has a normal sound card, but I'm worth an external mixer for mixing sound and bring it to vMix, I knew I needed a software. Thank you very much for your help.